Vectron Synth

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Re: Vectron Synth

Post by next to nothing »

Jimmy, a new revision of the preset file is now added in he "preset" section, now including the Virus wavefforms :)

Dante, i now added a quick screenshot in the "presets" section showing where to load these presets :)

Enjoy.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

I dreamed Wavetable dynamic glossy pads with quality material, inside one of scope stock synth and here they are...
Tremendous work! :D
I am to also try and load waveforms inside an E4XT Ultra with RFX32 as soon as my Xite comes back from Germany (repair)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

yes they work in the emulator4 ultra and the other utra synths

but you can also run a full 128x256 single cycle transwave as the ultra samplers implimented it when they brought ensoniq

but its not as fast as ensoniqs system but does do it

you have to set fixed loop as 256 then use loop start modulation

and use one of the patch cord to use a lfo or envelope or mod wheel to scan the wave table

i do great wobble dubstep basses like this as you have 1 mod wheel to do the transwave modulation

and 1 wheel to do lfo speed modulation with a sin lfo and that set to frequency cutoff
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i have 500+ wavestation rom samples

a lot are single cycles so could do them next

the otheres that are transient with loops i will just do loops as single cycles

then im going to do the ensoniq sd1 rom

thats 2000 waveforms

and i will do the ppg 2000 waveforms
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

hmm, patch cords to browse through the waveform in itself:
I tried that with customs of mine but with random successes and with some bugs (over positioning would create weird sound artifacts).
A shame E-mu, bought by "creative" (my ass), are not supporting these machines anymore, by the way... Because of this, I'd trash anyone who'd dare comparing stating Creamware are not "serious" when supporting cards, just for the sake of it 8)
Thanks jhulk
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

when making scannable tables they have to be exact lengths other wise you get clicks and pops and noise

as i have been making transwaves for over 15+ years

these wavetable for the vectron are made from my transwaves that i have made from resynthesis of samples from the real machines

as my tables are 128 x single cycles of 256 sample loops long each

jimmy v has some of them as looping samples like wavetrip patches for the solaris

when i get the sdk6 i will be making a modular version to read these files

now ill get my ultra out and do some patches for it as i have them on my emulatorx2 soundcard ultra sampler to

and post you some when i get 5 minutes
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Just take this time for other projects of yours: my Xite is off and is Sonic|Core's for just a week now.
I don't hope having it before some time...
I also need to change my E4 Power supply, for the second time since I went to plug an RFX into it.
I got some spare 65W power supply from Powdec directly from Taiwain a while ago but still need the Xite to connect ADAT to it.

Thanks for your advices about sample & loop length. I'd do exactly what you stated :D

Best
dante

Post by dante »

next to nothing wrote:Jimmy, a new revision of the preset file is now added in he "preset" section, now including the Virus wavefforms :)
Dante, i now added a quick screenshot in the "presets" section showing where to load these presets :)
Enjoy.
Yep found the post and pic in 'presets' thanks.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

heres the first 5 wavetables in single cycle of the ppg

enjoy

https://rapidshare.com/files/1190092922 ... 0_-wt04.7z
next to nothing

Sweet :)

It's getting a bit late at night here, so i will add these to the preset file tomorrow after work...

Thanks again :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Again guys.
Vectron is ultra powerful, even with 50% grunge....
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

heres the next set of ppg wavetables in single cycle waves wt05 to wt10

https://rapidshare.com/files/1641372041 ... 05-wt10.7z

enjoy
dante

Post by dante »

Heres a GIF animation I made of loading up the vectron with one of the Fairlight waves, have I got it right ?

If so l will use it in ScopeRise 'how to' guide illustration.
vectron wave loading
vectron wave loading
vectron.gif (421.48 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

yes thats right perfect
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dante, don't forget to index the presets, even if they're 1 per Bank... :wink:
next to nothing

Basically it is right, yes :)

However most of the magic is done in the ProgOsc Section when it comes to sound design after the presets are loaded as you show here. You will need to select the wave from the dropdown menu within ProgOsc. When you select waves within wavecreate, you can morph between up to 4 waves (as you show) to create a new waveform that can be saved in a new user slot.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jhulk wrote:im working on a d50 synth architecture with the same switching algo

there are 8 osc but only four in use in any 1 time or 2 depending on how complex the sound you want

there is a resonant filter per partial unlike the d50 where the las is only filtered

the ouput vca of each voice is or partial are yx modulated by yx control like the d50

and the partials are set like the d50 where you have a upper and a lower section

1 upper and 1 lower for x axis and 1 upper and lower for y axis

then there are dual chorus 1 for upper and 1 for lower and a delay reverb for both upper and lower

each partial has a panner after the final vca before entering the dual effects section

the algo of each pair is

algo 1 is wave and wave
algo 2 is wave and las in this sence it is a saw or pulse osc with pwm on the saw i use flexor 3 pwm shaper
algo 3 is las and wave
algo 4 is las and las
algo 5 is wave as modulator and through to filter and wave as carrier to filter
algo 5 is wave as carrier to filter and wave as modulator and through to filter
algo 6 is wave as modulator and through to filter and las as carrier to filter
algo 7 is las as modulator and through to filter and wave as carrier to filter
algo 8 is las as modulator and through to filter and las as carrier to filter
algo 9 is las as carrier and through to filter and las as carrier to filter

so the sound options is massive and using any samples you can create any type of sound you require

when i have finalized the modules that i am going to finish up with and i have it working for then i will release it

it also depend on when i get the sdk for my own filter creations most notably the matrix12 filter and the ms20 and wasp circuit emulations

will definetly need a minimum of 14dsp for this modular synth patch though

the good thing is you dont need to move any of the cables as they will be set permenantly for how the synth is wired

every thing else is done by switches
Interesting !

But from where to get the D50 waveforms ???

Bud
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

look in the earlier section of this subject they are there

as for the synth i have not finished it yet as im waiting on scope6 to add some of my own visuals
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

here is the next set of wavetables from transwaves in single cycle format

history behind these wave tables

the esq1 and 2 are from my esq1 synth with the 3.5os with the hidden waveforms this gives you 150+ extra spaectra wave froms these were used as padding information for the multisamples they where in the higher note regions and the lower ones where the synth could not go that low or that high but they used them to fill up all 16 slots of the multisample so the rom was filled correctly

in this special os version all these padded waveforms in the roms are now available to use as synth waveforms

this makes the synth great for glitch type sound when sync is used or am modulation

i sampled 300 different patches with these wave forms and did loads of transwaves from them

i have about 4000 single cycle waves from these waveforms

heres the first 2 transwave tables

the echo bell table if for creating any type of bell sound using wavetable synthesis theres 128 single cycle bell waveforms that change over time

great for evolving bell patches

the last 2 folders are ppg wavetables wt11 and wt12 theres another 20 of these to go with these tables are recorded from a ppg 2.3

that i used to own but sold as i prefered the sound of my waldorf wave and uwave as the wavetables dont click like they do on the ppg

so to get these sounding nice with no clicks i sampled each single cycle of the wavetables there are 60 on the ppg the last 4 are standard waves saw square saw sin

they are on every table apart from the upper wavetable which is a special table as that 1 was 128 cycles long

the last 4 waves on my tables are interpolated from the 59 slot to the 64 slot so that i had full wavetables

then lator i did them on every second slot and made 128 cycle wavetables for my ensoniqs but kept these as they were the original way from the ppg

hope you enjoy more to follow when i have time

https://rapidshare.com/files/852099480/ ... les_jml.7z
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jhulk wrote:look in the earlier section of this subject they are there

as for the synth i have not finished it yet as im waiting on scope6 to add some of my own visuals
Thx for the answer, but sorry, I went thru all the 5 pages of this thread as well as the files/preset section and wasn´t able to recognize/find D50 samples.
Maybe I´m blind ... found the JD800s though.

So, can you point me on these please.

Many thx for posting all these waveforms here, that´s amazing !

Bud