Scope 4.0 + win 7 32 bits fail ... Scope V5.0 the solution ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

decimator

Scope 4.0 + win 7 32 bits fail ... Scope V5.0 the solution ?

Post by decimator »

Well I have home premium so I'am not eligible for XP compatibility download ( professional and above only ) great ! :roll:
It seems there's no problem at all with the card and Scope 4.0 but when trying to start SFP I have the Hardware 20 detected message and so on ...
I did my homework : tried reseating the card / cleaning the connectors / slot moving in case but the card worked fine on exactly the same mobo and XP

I tried reinstalling over, same ...
Also SFP is just not detected in win 7 uninstaller, same with other software, the SFP uninstaller doesn't work also ( hardware 21 detected this time ! ) so I had to do a brutal directory deletion to get rid of V 4.0

Anyone got this kind of troubles and solved them with V 5.0 ?

I'am already pissed by a streak of unplanned expenses so I would like to be rather sure.
pollux

Re: Scope 4.0 + win 7 32 bits fail ... Scope V5.0 the soluti

Post by pollux »

SFP 4.0 is not compatible with Win Vista nor Win 7.
You need SFP 5.0 for it to work with these OS.
dante

Post by dante »

I thinks someone got it working by running the installer and the application in XP compatibility mode but I dont think this config officially supported by SC.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Decimator, just to clarify;

"Well I have home premium so I'am not eligible for XP compatibility download ( professional and above only ) great ! :roll: "

I see why you are confused, but the xp compability we talk about here is selectable if you right click the scope icon, then properties, then compability mode. This should be doable in win 7 home premium as well. The "compability download" you mention is a virtual machine kind of thing, and not needed.

Hope this helps.

and Pollux, 4 works in win7 32bit as described here and in other threads.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
decimator

Post by decimator »

DOH !!

I haven't fully explored win 7 and you're right there's a compatiblity tab in icons properties

Well I took a leap of faith and bought V 5.0 and was planning to report when it's installed, oh well since Modular IV needs V 5.0 I would have bought it one day but the timing was bad ...
decimator

Post by decimator »

Ok so V 5.0 works like it should and no more hardware xx detected message ( phewww ! )
I did some reading here and discovered as well you have to run SCOPE as administrator to be able to load the vxd files on some devices.