Pro One and Pro Wave

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Pro One and Pro Wave

Post by dawman »

Waiting for keys sucks big Butts.
To help sooth your pain I recently discovered a Modular shell that actually recalls presets.
It also has MIDI but unfortunately I can't get the contents of the shell to respond to MIDI. They however were designed to work SubModevZ Modules.
But I put the effects from Modular I like into a shell into the Prowave Effects Insert slots.
This way I can use Shroomz' smokin' stereo Tubes.
I also really like Flexor's CM2 Comb Filter, which is basically a chorus but I suppose scientifically it's a comb, I really don't care about that but I do care about it's kick ass Phase when slow rates are used, and it's rich Chorus controlled by a Sine LFO.
To seal the deal Roy's Stereo Width module,and then the only EQ I use for synths as it has many different coloring schemes just like the ancient old Poltec EQ's have.
UAD has a really excellent Poltec too but DAS's is just as good and way cheaper. Another good benefit of Scope.....
I literally have dozens of Modular shells for Oscillators, Filters and complete effects devices, and any Bowenite is a friend of mine.
Don't Be SHy..
01-091209_2006.mp3
untitled.JPG
Mydriasis

Post by Mydriasis »

That sounds incredible.. So by using prowave as a modular shell you can use any combination of oscillators, filters and fx with the polyglide and other features.
Ive just started making modular patches (although very basic), this will be keeping me busy for a long time. :lol:

And now comes the lust for more DSP power! :o
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's my fave Oscillator Insert Shell.
With so many options available simultaneously the C4T is perfect.
Then you have Waldorf Waves too.
Most MultiOscillators have the options, but they don't each have an audio output and play simultaneously.
I can even get Synth EPianos kind of..
01-091211_0923.mp3
untitled.JPG
Mydriasis

Post by Mydriasis »

They sent me a keyfile but it didnt work. So still waiting on another.. hopefully it'll work ok.
Slightly worried because i tried getting trial keys for Prodyssey and ProTone but neither worked after quite a few tries.

Really cant wait to be using this in some of my projects.

Those C4T oscillators sound good, are they part of a modular pack available to buy?
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Just installed Pro-Wave v 1.2 in scope 5 and the crashing behaviour on loading of wav files seems to have been fixed. Hooray.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Ben
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Did you install the Prowave 1.2 Beta version? It seems that with this version almost every preset loads without any problems. However, i did have an occasional reboot with presets containing too big samples. It showed an error first ("needs too much memory" or something like that), and then rebooted. I think it were 1 or 2 presets from the BW-Prowave list, containing the JD900 samplepool.

However, i noticed this very occasional , and loading most presets isnt causing any problems. You can also drag n drop .wav files directly from the filebrowser into the sample slots.

Hopefully i will have some more time this week, so i can check which presets caused a reboot.
Mydriasis

Post by Mydriasis »

Not really explored loading wav samples at depth yet but plan to soon. Thanks for those JD800 samples btw!

One thing i have noticed is that the ProWave v1.0 demo i tried has different oscillators to the v1.2 and v2 versions of ProWave.

Noticed they sounded different when making bass patches so i decided to record in some clean saw and pulse waves from v1.0 demo, v1.2 and v2

They are totally different..

Demo version being more rounded waveforms and newer having more sharp edges, looking more like perfect saw and pulses. This also confirmed what i was hearing with the earlier one being more bass heavy and the later more clean/bright.

So next i did the same with Profit5 and WC Pro One.

It turns out the demo of ProWave has the same oscillators as WC Pro One and the later versions have same oscillators as Profit5.

Thought i'd post this as it might be of interest to someone