Adding more Scope Cards

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

AndyP13

Adding more Scope Cards

Post by AndyP13 »

Please help guys.
I have been emailing Creamware for quite a while now but like most other companies they do not reply......

I have a Scope pro using the ADAT outs (light pipe) to my desk etc...I need more outputs

Could I purchase a Scope Home with the I/O card and run it alongside the Scope Pro? as this will give me an extra 32 outs :)
Would the extra I/O show up in my Scope software (V.5)?

And if the answer is yes to the above..Where is the best place to buy, I have noticed that the Creamware site is almost double the price of most shops.
Would I need to upgrade the Scope home software (if it comes with V4.5, or would I just be able to slot into my Computer and use the V.5 software I have already etc...

Thanks I A

Andy....
Why don’t Creamware ever reply???????
Tau

Re: Adding more Scope Cards

Post by Tau »

Hi Andy!

First things first: Creamware doesn't exist anymore, the company that has been developing that technology is called Sonic Core: www.sonic-core.net

As for your question, you can have up to 3 Scope cards in the same system, and they will work together as if they were a single, larger card. You will need an S/TDM cable to connect them internally, though. The Scope Professional has 3 S/TDM connections, but the Home has a single one, which means that you'll only need one cable between them. All ins and outs will show up in the Scope software, and the DSPs will be combined, giving you more power.

You can buy the S/TDM cable form Sonic-Core directly, or maybe ask in this forum if anyone has a spare one to sell.

Cheers,

T
pollux

Post by pollux »

AndyP13 wrote:Please help guys.
I have been emailing Creamware for quite a while now but like most other companies they do not reply......
Are you emailing the right address? I've emailed them quite some times lately, and always got an answer.

AndyP13 wrote:I have a Scope pro using the ADAT outs (light pipe) to my desk etc...I need more outputs

Could I purchase a Scope Home with the I/O card and run it alongside the Scope Pro? as this will give me an extra 32 outs :)
Yes.. You can mix n' match :)

AndyP13 wrote:Would the extra I/O show up in my Scope software (V.5)?
Yes, and you'll also see the extra DSPs. :D

AndyP13 wrote:Would I need to upgrade the Scope home software (if it comes with V4.5, or would I just be able to slot into my Computer and use the V.5 software I have already etc...
You only have to plug your card in. No need to install other software.
AndyP13 wrote:Why don’t Creamware ever reply???????
Because they are Sonic Core now? :lol:
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Hey there!

Creamware dont exist anymore - they are now called sonic core so you may have an old email address (try support(at)soniccore.de). There website is http://www.sonic-core.net

You can have a total of 3 scope cards in the same machine. As you already have one (with V5) this should be your primary card and will use the software for that card - any extra cards will use the primary cards software and just show up as extra DSP / IO within Scope.

When using more than one card you need what is called an STDM cable to connect both cards together (internally inside your PC).

The best place to buy in my opinion is from here. I would buy second hand cos these babies are built to last and the 2nd hand prices more favourable to say the least :lol:

Just so you know, I also started out with Scope Pro and recently added a Scope Home and I am pleased with the little extra DSP it provides but the main reason for me was the extra inputs.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: :lol: 3 Replies at once (more or less) :lol:
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I have Pulsar I (similar to what is now called 'home'), and Scope Pro as well as an older SRB card running fine here.

All the extra I/O and DSP all work together perfectly.

...and yes, Creamware is long gone...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

The best prices are here :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/sonic_core.html
No one sales the SC products at a better price.

JoPo
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
AndyP13

Post by AndyP13 »

Thanks for all the replies guys...

I did email Sonic Core (not Creamware) but they do not reply ......I HATE THAT.

I found the thomann site to be very expensive (most people in the UK find that now) at £408 + another £160 for the I/O they are nearly as expensive as the Sonic Core site?
I have seen them in many shops (internet) at around £340 (inc I/O expansion) why is Sonic so expensive at £620 double!!!!!

anyway that’s my rant - Expensive and don’t reply.

Does anyone have one for sale with the I/O ?

Once again thank you all for the reply.
A.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

AndyP13 wrote:Thanks for all the replies guys...

I did email Sonic Core (not Creamware) but they do not reply ......I HATE THAT.

I found the thomann site to be very expensive (most people in the UK find that now) at £408 + another £160 for the I/O they are nearly as expensive as the Sonic Core site?
I have seen them in many shops (internet) at around £340 (inc I/O expansion) why is Sonic so expensive at £620 double!!!!!

anyway that’s my rant - Expensive and don’t reply.

Does anyone have one for sale with the I/O ?

Once again thank you all for the reply.
A.
check over at the for sale section of the forum.

Greg
AndyP13

Post by AndyP13 »

Thanks Greg....but I cant find any For Sale Section?
garyb

Post by garyb »