Scope v 5 Upgrade purchasing question

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

broken_halo

Scope v 5 Upgrade purchasing question

Post by broken_halo »

Hey all , I was just wondering what exactly is the process to purchasing an upgrade to scope 5. I have a scope project 6 dsp with v4 , I bouth it in 2005 I think er something. I was going to get it from the site but it seems kind of vague. Do I purchase it then download or do I have to wait for a cd to come in?? When upgrading from v4 to v5 what is the price , it seems like there are different packages depending on which version I have.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also , what is the general consensus of the new version. Im from Alberta Canada and there are maybe a handful of creamware users and none of which I have ever met so actually discussing these topics limits me to here.I really enjoy my creamware card / ultra ada but would love to know if the stability issues won't be an issue on the new version.

Neil
netguyjoel

Re: Scope v 5 Upgrade purchasing question

Post by netguyjoel »

Download v5.0, do a clean install, and send your .rgy file to register at sonicore dot de and wait for your keys. If you are missing some keys...you will have to purchase the upgrade, and I can say, it is worth every penny...the additional synths, fx, mixers, & samplers are more than a bargain... :wink: You can get the list of the additional stuff at S|C website...
Joel
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

I have all my keys so does that mean even though I have v4.0 that I can get the 5.0 upgrade for free? That is the part that is confusing me.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

You can download v5.0 and install it for free. You might not get all the keys for all of the additional devices, like Minimax, or 6 string, or Modular III, or STS 5000...you will just get the keys for the devices you have keys currently for... :wink: The additional keys will come with the upgrade fee... :wink:
Joel
petal

Post by petal »

I think there may be another part you are missing as well. Scope Version 5 is currently "only" a release candidate, it is not the final version or a finished product. People can try the release candidate for free if they mail in there rgy-file.

I tried it out on a whole new partition, but I'm still mainly working on the old 4.5 version.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

True...but the whole "keys rules" still applies...at least that is how it worked for me in my case... :wink:
Joel
garyb

Post by garyb »

if you have v4.5 v5 is free. if you have v4 or v3, you'll need to purchase the upgrade. there are a number of new devices, though, so the upgrade should be worthwhile...
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

Yea , I just downloaded it and installed it . It wants activation keys and all that stuff I do not have. So I guess I have to purchase the upgrade then , then wit for the keys.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Email your allkeys.skf or .rgy file to register (at) sonicore (dot) de, and they will send you keys for all the devices you have keys for now....and the 5.0 key as well! :wink:
Joel
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

SO what is the best way to pay for this. The last time I bought something from europe it costs me tonnes of money in currency exchange and other things. If I pay with paypap am I going to avoid some of those costs?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

1 Euro = 1.4232 U.S. dollars today
Joel
broken_halo

Post by broken_halo »

Im canadian!! Heheh , but if I used pay pal whatever price my checkout is then that is the amount I have to pay right!! With credit cards they charge like 5% of the price to convert the currency , plus some of other stuff. I dont want to have to pay all that extra
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

It would be current exchange rates that will apply Canadian to Euro

1 Euro = 1.55242714 Canadian dollars :wink:
Joel
Mydriasis

Post by Mydriasis »

I bought it recently and im very happy with it.

You can pay by paypal on the site, soon after you'll get an email asking if you want synth and sampler pack or mix and master. After you reply you'll get another email with the key file. All very simple and Ralf at SC was very helpful.

The 6dsp card i bought recently had just Scope 4 with the stock synths and fx.

Paying for 4.5/5 and gaining Minimax, Modular 3, Profit 5, STS5000 sampler, Vectron, b-2003, SB404, the SSL style eq and channel strip, RMX160 reverb, Masterverb pro etc etc.... well its a great deal!

Considering im also a UAD user and for roughly the same price you'd only get 1 of the brand new plugins!
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

netguyjoel wrote:1 Euro = 1.4232 U.S. dollars today

and now it's 1.47113
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »