the hell: pulsar xtc 3.02 is out! and what´s up with the old

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

horrn

Post by horrn »

hi,
what´s this. we ugly urbans are sitting here with our old version pulsar 2.0x waiting for good messages!... puh, nothing is happening...
still promises in my mind from the fair: pulsar 3 will come with xtc, lots of plugins will be available then ... nothing is changing ... for me it seems like the same bad promotions gag like i´m realising from the beginning ... i have that first boardv... and one srb-1-board and no longer invested in more things ... cause of this reasons ... nice to have this plaform when you are not bounded on working on only this platform ... now it´s no more than a good addon for me ... that´s ugly....

puh, waitingwaitingwaiting

t.
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Hi mate, cheer up and look at the bright side : at least the XTC guys will do the beta-testing for you ! :grin:
PabloFasan

Post by PabloFasan »

Hi Stubbe:
To take the users as free beta testers is not an amusing entertainment.

Really it is a complete lack of respect and esteem to the people that had spend their money in Creamware products.

I don't think that we must take this as a funny joke.

I'ts not the case of western Europe, USA and Canada , but in other countries arround the world, to purchase a Pulsar board could represent, in average , from 5 to 10 times the monthly pay of an employee or a musician.

Nothing for to laugh.
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Hi Pablo,

I see your point very well, but on the other hand, there is also a tendency among us to want and crave the next version of S/W or drivers with ever increasing speed.

A lot of us may tend to think that the next version will save the world and make you rich and happy,

I bought the Pulsar for use in my sparetime, and therefore I may tend not to see the needs and problems of the pro's, but on the other hand : maybe a person that bought expensive gear for pro-use is not very professional if the gear does not cover the needs right out of the box and the person did not investigate properly beforehand. Just maybe, think about that.

Yes, Creamware has made som bold statements, but you still need to use your own jugdement before you start to drewl over the brochure in the shoop, same goes for all equipment you consider to buy, cars, frigdes, CD-players, synths, etc. The whole world is full of advertisement-crap... ( this is not meant as critisism of horrn or others, my first mail was intended to be supporting of sorts..)

I still enjoy Pulsar very much, but I have problems in believing, that the next S/W version is going to save the world if you are not very close to happy as it is. Maybe I am wrong ( I also hope for improvements :wink: )

Just my 0.0002 cents
Stubbe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stubbe on 2001-08-18 15:06 ]</font>
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Looks like you haven't checked out what the XTC drivers can do....
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Correct, AFAIK, XTC is not free yet for Pulsar owners, this will happen when Pulsar ver. 3.0 is released.

As I am quite happy with Pulsar 2.04a, I can wait for XTC to be free. Also I use Logic on a PC which does not work well with XTC at the moment ( I know it does for Mac, bad luck for me :wink: )

Happy pulsating !
Stubbe