Multi-Synth Device ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Multi-Synth Device ?

Post by dawman »

Is there a device or module available that could load up several synths in an insert style like Multi FX device, but for Modular Patches?

I have recently been using FM4 and some great Flexor III patches and would love to run these on a single channel, and have the option to blend some by using the inserts bypass off and on LED, and have preset storage, or as Mehdi calls it Load State Insert presets.

I will be using QWave and Multi-Synth internally, and my analog synths externally, but have a MIDI channel left that would allow such synth stacking. Just think I could have FM4, Sea Synth, etc., all loaded and awaiting their brief call to arms.

They would all share the same MIDI Channel and be activated by CC's which could alter their Load State and presets attached to those particular synths.

XITE-1 would have such extra power left over that this seems to be a logical conclusion and great way to have more choices of timbre live.

JV
Lima

Re: Multi-Synth Device ?

Post by Lima »

Hi jimmy! I've already requested this and there were some problems with the SC synths... BUT the Mighty Devs called Shroomz and Sharc have some aces to put on the table...

Read here... ;-)

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 30&t=23018
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 30&t=24089
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's right...I forgot about that.

Well I feel comforatble already. Those guys always do what they say, so maybe by Christmas.

:wink:

I tried to load the synths into Mehdi's FP106C insert slots as a last resort. That's what is was too, a last unsuccessful resort. But the load insert effects presets he has provided are indeed a live players dream come true. While you are limited in current cards by the sheer amount of effect loaded overwhelming the DSP's, this will be a non issue in XITE-1. :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

The 2 new LBH have this feature now already (T-OSc are small synths, or extended oscillators, depends on point of view),
Multisynth MKIII has it too (mk3 is not released yet, it is so big that it is really pointless to use it on Scope).

Those synth devices have to be in a special format to be loaded in the inserts, the regular scope dev synths don't work directly of course.

In any case, one can use the Modular for such purpose.
You will see that in action or explained later on.

in fact you can also do it in the SDX / DXD synth from BlackBox I
made in 2003 but it is a bit less stable than the new system in LBH/MultiSynth).
Last edited by spacef on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Man Or Myth.................................................Mehdi...........................................Ankyu.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

If I had a picture of someone stirring sh*t I'd post it. :lol:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

No, more like this Stardust. :D