Keyboard Tracking LFO?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

does there exist such a synth on Pulsar with such a feature?

I am looking to make bass drops whose drop speed is controlled by tracking the keyboard (ie. higher notes drop faster than lower notes). This could be done easily with a sampler, I understand, but I want to do it with a synth . . . The subdub by wavelength is cool, but does not have an LFO . . .

I think a synth with sine and saw oscillators pitch modulated by a retriggered sinewave LFO phase shifted 90 deg with a short sustain will do the trick (phase shift to make it drop down and not up initially), but I have not yet found one. Possible in Modular, I suppose . . . ?
Peezahj

Post by Peezahj »

The modular will easily pull this off, please tell me if you use the modular 1 or 2 & I can make you a couple simple examples. It's funny to be using such advanced synthesis to recreate sampler effects (short-comings, actually) but I do it all the time, too.
Peezahj

Post by Peezahj »

btw, the Blue Synth will track the keyboard for such pitch drops, open the pitch modulation window & you'll find a dedicated envelope for pitch modulation which can be modulated by velocity, keytrack, & aftertouch. The Blue Synth is probably the most underrated synth in Pulsar, the modulation capabilities are tremendous even though the sound is slightly less impressive (hopefully it'll get the Stephen Hummel treatment some day *-*).
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

Peeazahj - I use Modular2, so a patch or two for that would be great - I will make some presets for it for sure to help contribute.
Thx for the offer, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

. . . and thanks for the tip on the BlueSynth, I am going to work with it right now (maybe I'll upload a couple o patches)- Funny you should mention it being underrated - I was looking through my folder of Pulsar synths for a device that would do this bass drop thing, and I looked right over it! The BlueSynth is definitely one of the most underrated Pulsar synths - perhaps because it is a free 'stock' device from CW -
A "hummelized" version would be swell, although his stuff tends towards abrasive, and I am not sure that is the direction the BlueSynth would be best in going towards. How about a recreation by Defex? He seems to be doing some quite neat stuff with oscillators (as seen in the Transplanet, for instance). The BlueSynth could definitely use more interesting oscillators, and perhaps a different filter.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

On 2001-07-07 11:13, Peezahj wrote:
(hopefully it'll get the Stephen Hummel treatment some day *-*).
it looks like this is going to happen:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musictechno/message/206

rockin cool! :grin:

i am a new member of the just founded cult-of-hummel :wink:
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

i just upped a dozen er so patches using the bluesynth's pitch modulation envelope's keyboard tracking feature. . .

they are here:
http://planetz.ghostwheel.com/forums/vi ... forum=13&0

that's all folks!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

hummel already gave it too us!

whehoo!

thx wavelength!

you are supa-kewl!