Updates - bug fixes

Support & Discussion for Modular Mixer v2

Moderators: valis, spacef

spacef

Updates - bug fixes

Post by spacef »

Hi all,

VERSION 2.02 is available for download as a full install or as an update only (to avoid overwriting your template presets, contains only updated modules).

http://www.spacef-devices.com/

2.02 was updated in Scope SDK, and tested in Scope 7.

V 2.02 ( 1 / 1 / 2018)
===================
-- Updates of the Main Bus to give options of Aux gains from routers (drop-down-menu = 0dB, +3, +6, +9, +12, , -0.1dB, -1dB, -3dB).
-- Corrected switches
-- Various cosmetics, change of fonts on the labels of the Stereo Channels modules, Re-design of Aux graphic routings to accomodate new parameters..

V 2.01 ( 11. 21. 2017) (21 Nov 2017)
==========================
- Midi CC in Inserts: CCs could not be assigned to inserted effects. fixed, now all work as expected.
- Template preset button could sometime become unselectable. Fixed.
- Master Bus Aux 3 seemed to work but remained mute: fixed.
- Various graphic improvements when it could be confusing ("Gain" labels on channel input gain, because they were often confused with the color selector button, MB 502 Aux section moved down... other small stuff).

Some changes:
- New "Fx 2 & 3 Template" preset list, 1 for mono and 1 for stereo. This concerns all channels and master busses except the Mix 502.
- The S-Channel Template don't work anymore due to the CC fix: replaced by "Templates Fx 2 & 3" S and M. The new preset list includes approx 25/30 templates available for mono or stereo channels.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
JoPo

Re: Updates - bug fixes

Post by JoPo »

Great ! It's just that I must run the installer again but I modified the modular mixer structure. Could be nice to just have, somewhere, the updated files. But that's nothing. I'll survive.

I wanted to ask you if it could be possible for you to make several mixers faders able to respond to only one midi cc ? Maybe a link like in STM, the 'fader groups' feature ? As I'm far from being able to develope devices in SDK, I don't really know how complicated it is.

Thanks !

I gonna build a new project template with modular mixers ... Next week end.... Looks like I'm going to have gooOOod time ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
spacef

Post by spacef »

the updated files are *all* Channel Modules and all "MB...Fx.dev" as well as the Template preset lists.
why do you change the folders? it doesn't matter much though, it's not like it will be updated everyday anyway (there is no bug known to me anymore)...

Have a nice week-end! :-)

oh - building tip - in case the message appears, let Xite try to reload/reconnect DSP itself: it works most of the time for me without the need to exit/restart scope.
In case you use your default project, it is useful to also save a backup copy of the project (I should do that more often myself ;-) )
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Nice to see such a quick response to bugs.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Not sure if these are bug's or just my lack of understanding but here are some things I've noted:

-Switches don't seem to work. Only sends on A channel

-MB 503FX - Crossfader on each channel doesn't seem to work (Is that = Pan?)

-(just a minor petty thing) MB 503FX - the BUS inputs 6-8 don't have a "b" in front. On the other Master Bus's they have b6L b6R etc.

Xite-1 Scope 7 Win7 64bit
Modular Mixer install 11/21/2017
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi,

On the MB, it is not a "pan" pot but a crossfader: its primary function was to check different stage of an an effect chain.

Do you miss the "'b" on the direct bus inputs ? its intentional that they are not there (a try at something different, lol).

I think you are right for the switches...
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Ok Mehdi. thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure about the crossfades, now i know.
My journey continues :wink:
spacef

Post by spacef »

VERSION 2.02 is available for download as a full install or as an update only.

http://www.spacef-devices.com/

2.02 was updated in Scope SDK, and tested in Scope 7 as well as on scope PCI 4.5 (win XP) !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Hi Mehdi; Thanks for the updates!

I thought it would take you a little longer to get an update out so I was going to wait until I finished testing but here are a few things I think I found on the MB modules.
I should have sent them to you last week and I'm sorry for that.
My config: Xite-1 Scope 7 Win7 64 bit

MB303FX - Rec2 out is inop (no signal coming out of RC2L,RC2R when any input is selected)
-Inputs 3L and 3R are inop

MB502FX - Rec Out1 and Rec Out2 the left channel is inop (No signal coming out of RC1L or RC2L when any input is selected)
-Rec Out2 the VU meters are inop

MB503FX -Rec Out1 and Rec Out2 are both inop (no signal coming out of RC1L,RC1R,RC2L,RC2R when any input is selected)

If anyone can confirm these on an Xite-1 64bit Scope7 machine please.

Sorry for dropping this on you, I know you have been very hard at work and probably need a huge holiday.
So at least from my end, this is for when you are rested and get around to it for the next update.
Again my apologies. I was away all this week and didn't finish testing before I left.

respectfully
Dan
spacef

Post by spacef »

I will check, it's not normal. it should work. May be a scope SDK 7 thing.
Thanks for checking this.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

it should be fixed now.for some reason it was messed up.
please download from http://www.spacef-devices.com
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Cool!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Ahh, thanks for doing that Mehdi :) Hopefully you can rest now :wink:
So many possibilities with this MM package I still can't decide on a startup config. A work in progress....