No more sat connections!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

No more sat connections!

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I really don’t get it.

Sometimes, Why is it that a project can be working, you save it, and then when you reload the project it won’t load properly due to sat connections limit being reached! Does my nut. As have to scale back, rebuild project a bit etc.

Doesn’t make sense that if it was working fine why does it not on reload! 🤷‍♂️

Any tips for this? How do you keep an eye on sat connections?

Xite-1
dante

Re: No more sat connections!

Post by dante »

Maybe reboot ? Turn XITE off then on again before turning DAW on. Of that works then you know that there’s something residual holding a SAT connection until XITE is power cycled.
David

Post by David »

I realise this may not help while you're getting these messages but this info does come from the boss
https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic ... 52#p341302

However, I remember Spacef saying not to worry too much about dsp assignments

My own two bits, if you're using synths, lower the voice count then increase one at a time; also disconnect devices then reconnect

I guess it would help to see the project
garyb

Post by garyb »

because the dsp assignments are not saved unless you assign them with the assignment dialog. things do not necessarily load in the same order as you originally loaded them when opening a saved project.

it's not a boot issue.
dante

Post by dante »

That might imply that the Individual DSP loads aren’t known to Scope - it can only interrogate the percentage of load on each chip but not the individual devices on them. Eg when Scope sends a device to a card or XITE it knows not where it ends up ( unless manually assigned).
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

tinkering is always easy, but I feel safe if the project also loads after saving. i am sad when the loading fails, the project setup was a lot of fun ... but hey synthesist, tatal recall like schwarzenegger? i compare it with DEMO tools or non-storable modulation systems, which I have to record in real time, in picture and sound
:lol:
pic-source
or write your own patchbook like to save oldscool toys
e.c. MS-20 Patch Book
think green, have fun with scope, year 22!
\o/
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks for the replies guys.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

garyb wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:45 am because the dsp assignments are not saved unless you assign them with the assignment dialog. things do not necessarily load in the same order as you originally loaded them when opening a saved project.

it's not a boot issue.
Ah, I did not realise this. Thank you. So if I go through and assign each module to a dsp while building a project that assignment is saved with the project and it will load the same next time round. (But I’d guess you would need to assign them again once reloaded for that assignment to be saved again?)
Last edited by Liquid EDGE on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I save often with new names at the end v1,v2 and so on. So I usually have a project I can roll back to and rebuild the last step. Was just a bit perplexed. But Gary just cleared that up. Understanding on how something works is key. 🕺🥳👍
Last edited by Liquid EDGE on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

David wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:34 am I realise this may not help while you're getting these messages but this info does come from the boss
https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic ... 52#p341302

However, I remember Spacef saying not to worry too much about dsp assignments

My own two bits, if you're using synths, lower the voice count then increase one at a time; also disconnect devices then reconnect

I guess it would help to see the project
Thanks for the link.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Spielraum wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am tinkering is always easy, but I feel safe if the project also loads after saving. i am sad when the loading fails, the project setup was a lot of fun ... but hey synthesist, tatal recall like schwarzenegger? i compare it with DEMO tools or non-storable modulation systems, which I have to record in real time, in picture and sound
:lol:
pic-source
or write your own patchbook like to save oldscool toys
e.c. MS-20 Patch Book
think green, have fun with scope, year 22!
\o/
Haha, yes, the notepad in scope gets used a lot. 😁
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

dante wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:29 am Maybe reboot ? Turn XITE off then on again before turning DAW on. Of that works then you know that there’s something residual holding a SAT connection until XITE is power cycled.
On a rare occasion when the computer in general has a fit, rebooting sorts stuff out! But never has it sorted a sat connection issue.
dante

Post by dante »

Yep my bad - I forget over time how these things work. Setting up new DAW I relived some of the same learnings I went though in 2013 or 2017 when Scope 7 came out...
garyb

Post by garyb »

dante wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:18 am That might imply that the Individual DSP loads aren’t known to Scope - it can only interrogate the percentage of load on each chip but not the individual devices on them. Eg when Scope sends a device to a card or XITE it knows not where it ends up ( unless manually assigned).

no, not exactly. it does not work like that. there is an algorithm for loading dsps. it depends on the order of operations. the order of operations are not saved with a project.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

dante wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:19 pm Yep my bad - I forget over time how these things work. Setting up new DAW I relived some of the same learnings I went though in 2013 or 2017 when Scope 7 came out...
All good man. 👍
I go through deja vu moments loads. Partly why I wrote down that Xite tips thing that’s in the Xite sub forum! Have a reference for all the things that can be easy to forget if not in the studio for a while.

On a side note, hope your well. Mad what’s going on over in Australia! 😱
dante

Post by dante »

Serves me right for doing music instead of keeping ScopeRise updated :lol:

Fires haven't impacted us here directly in Melbourne except a couple of hazy days. Last Friday I came to work at 6:30AM and the air was clean. By 10:30 I went out for brunch and could smell the smoke and see the haze - as could my mrs at home 30 KM away.

Of course there's friction between the military, fire brigades and politicians while they sort themselves out whose supposed to do what. I have family in a small coastal town top of NSW, but there's little no bushland and water close by in the unlikely event my mother got evacuated from the aged home there :)

But yeah a lot of population down east coast have copped it and spitting on visiting politicians and usual climate change blame game. Greens are on the backfoot now due to their bushland preservation and grazing restrictions causing an increase in combustable fuel.
valis

Post by valis »

Same thing happened in California, combined with more & more housing encroaching into areas that historically have always had fires but now have homes too, without appropriate reductions in surrounding forestland. Certainly makes for a wonderful pastoral setting, until of course it doesn't.

Should I move this to the Xite forum for the on-topic portion to be visible to others using Xite?
dante

Post by dante »

Yep move to XITE forum - since manual assignment is an XITE only thang.
dante

Post by dante »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:52 pm On a side note, hope your well. Mad what’s going on over in Australia! 😱
Things are bad but on a good note (or many good notes) Queen are coming over to perform next month to do a fire donation gig, along with some others. That will be in Sydney so likely I wont get to see em but good gesture anyhows.