Scope crash when lauching STM 4896

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Scope crash when lauching STM 4896

Post by JoPo »

Very strange / bad issue !

To day, impossible to launch any project. I made a fresh Scope install, the issue is still there. After a lot of search, I finally find that when I launch the STM4896, even alone (!), Scope crashes !

Gary, HELP ! I begin to believe my Xite-1 has an hardware problem ! ShshshshiiiiT ! What could that be ??
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Re: Scope crash when lauching STM 4896

Post by garyb »

dunno, but it's something that only affects your machine, i think.

do you have a Scope PCI system as well? is it possible that you're using a project that originally was in a PCI system?

i think a reinstall might be in order.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

TOTALLY INSANE !!

I've found what brakes my balls since 7 hours !! It was the STM4896 preset file that seems to be corrupted ! Incredible ! Only this ! I was already planning to contact SC and to send the Xite-1 in Germany !

PpFFFFfffff !!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Oh ! Gary ! I think we posted together...

Everything is fine finally, after deleting the STM4896 preset file !
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:

all's well that ends well, i guess...
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Wouldn't be the first time a corrupted or somehow or other borked preset file sexually penetrates you from an oblique angle. Just doesn't occur to think of that right off the bat with the mixers. I sometimes temporarily copy the presets for all the plugs in my project to a different folder so the device cant find them and then load what I want from there when the perpetrator shows up, I remove the device from the project, delete or rename the preset file without the screwy one in it and then reload the device and move on. with another preset Pain int he butt however you can re save the good ones to the original location and then delete the copies. Just remember SCOPE, like all geniuses are by nature eccentric and idiosyncratic from time to time. I back up my presets to a different folder (most of the time) in case of just such a scenario. Hopefully the preset you lost is not too hard to recreate. I n my case I can store the parameters in a UC-33e or a BCF 2000 program and send them back into SCOPE via MIDI and then save them as a preset. After so many years you learn to work your way around and most times stuff is never lost when you have the experience. SCOPE is not for the weak of heart or the plug and play crowd. If you're on this board you know what i mean.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

This preset file was very old, I started it with PCI's. But I already had issues with it. And 2 months ago, when I saved it for the 1000° time, it crashes Scope and the file was 0kb. But I had a backup. But this time, I'm going to start a new preset file from scratch and will not use the backup one ! I use mainly STM preset for midi cc since STM doesn't want to keep cc assignments.

Anyway... I was the first time I have such an issue and I was really worring because after trying all tricks I know, it was still there ! But now, I know, that's the way one learns ! And it could help other users if they have similar troubles.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, exactly why we are here...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

ronnie wrote:I n my case I can store the parameters in a UC-33e or a BCF 2000 program and send them back into SCOPE via MIDI and then save them as a preset. After so many years you learn to work your way around and most times stuff is never lost when you have the experience.
:-? I don't get it ! How do you store Scope parameters in a BCF 2000 ? :-? Or maybe I didn't understand well... Again ...

Fo my BCF 2000, I use this very convenient editor : http://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager. But I'd like to know how to store Scope parameters in a BCF !
spacef

Post by spacef »

hey JoPo, I think he means he has a template in BCF, and then a preset list in scope, and sometimes he needs to re-co,figure the midi CC the usual way (send midi CC to a parameter to learn in scope) :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website