What's the best HDMI Cable for XITE-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

What's the best HDMI Cable for XITE-1

Post by Sounddesigner »

Anyone have any links for compatible HDMI Cables for XITE-1? Wich ones should I stay away from? I would need a 5ft or 10ft long one.
jksuperstar

Re: What's the best HDMI Cable for XITE-1

Post by jksuperstar »

I've used about 4 of them for various portable and desktop uses...never had an issue. all 4 still work!
garyb

Post by garyb »

just avoid the bargain cables. get a mid-priced cable.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Go to Amazon and check Aurum HDMI.
All sorts of lengths and color choices.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Ok, got it! Glad to see it's not complicated and that any moderately priced one will do. Thanks everyone!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Use these for XITE-1 and GFX.
Havent had any crackling noise issues since going with 2 way HDMIs.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dawman wrote:Use these for XITE-1 and GFX.
Havent had any crackling noise issues since going with 2 way HDMIs.
I assume you're talking about the Aurum HDMI wich you mentioned in a earlier post? If so then I'm glad to hear of a specific "tried and true" brand. Battle tested always counts for much.

I hadn't bought my HDMI cable yet because my weird pronlems of SCOPE software loosing communication with the hardware have stopped. I moved my HDMI cable one day not that long ago trying to untangle my Skype Webcam and then weird technical problems started happening shortly after. I had these problems once or twice before in the past and after troubleshooting and repositioning cable/card/etc they stopped shortly after and all was fine again. Because the problems always stop shortly after I always put off buying a new cable :lol: . I like to use my gear until the bottom falls out . I do plan to buy a new HDMI cable soon this time so to avoide a never before long down-time but I wouldn't start using it until my old HDMI cable that came with XITE-1 start having serious problems consistently.

My XITE-1 still has all original components and I have never sent it in for repair (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself). My few problems have primarily been software related such as load-balancing at 96khz, etc wich are generally avoidable when you learn the XITE-1 more, but hardware-wise she's been a pleasure to deal with after my initial motherboard incompatability problems and the infrequent minor cable problem. 7 years of great service from XITE-1 and even a bonus with really good new plugins still coming to the platform :) .

EDITED