XITE-1 w/ UAD-2 Satelitte

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: XITE-1 w/ UAD-2 Satelitte

Post by dawman »

Yes.
Sound engineers hook up to digital consoles using FPGA Based FX, bypass those patching in a UAD.

But static FX is not for me.
By the time UAD or RME get their act together adding parameter modulation we'll have Scope 7 so I'm sticking with Chipsets that work and add hardware instead of more software.

I needed my face slapped to snap out of it and just get back to making music.
fraz

Post by fraz »

dawman wrote:Yes.
FPGA based FX - Please explain

Sound engineers hook up to digital consoles using FPGA Based FX, bypass those patching in a UAD.

But static FX is not for me [Who is it for then?] :)

In English please - Scope 7 is welcome anytime [you're an optimist]

By the time UAD or RME get their act together adding parameter modulation we'll have Scope 7 so I'm sticking with Chipsets that work and add hardware instead of more software.

Secret Test Kitchen

Post by Secret Test Kitchen »

dawman wrote:I needed my face slapped to snap out of it and just get back to making music.
I know what you mean!

You have an XITE. Don't you like Scope's FX? There are so many and I think they're all amazing. I've never heard anything that much better, but personal taste of course.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman wrote:RoyTs recent BBD Delay has negated the need for the UAD Delays/Verbs.
It's ducking capabilities was the icing on the cake for me.

Everytime I try to leave Scope environment, they just drag me back in.
Al Pacino MGM/United Godfather III 1976

:D You know you'll never leave.

That CWM BBD is a great example of why; what an excellent device.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Funny thing is I dont care about Scope 6/7/8, etc.
Just every 5-8 years make sure drivers are still compatible.

But even with that said, I now have just purchased 64GBs of DDR3, 2 more ASRock Z97 boards and 2 x i7 4790k CPUs.
Everything I know works just got cheaper.
265 for CPUs 100 for motherboards 32GBs of 4 x 8 DIMMs for 195.....
I'm set for 10 years we know Scope systems don't cut corners.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I had a dream last night that I bought a second Xite-1. :D :D :D
I wonder if Holger will ever rig those to be cascadeable? Def a bit of overkill but man talk about bragging rights :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Loving new project builds for summer venues.

One of my favorite tricks for non dNa FX (since they escape phase) is to add SpaceF's Micro mDelays to an AUX.

I just sit there and go from o-127 on the Channels AUX knob, adding/subtracting amounts until it becomes transparent.
BBD Pitch adds some coloration from the BPF, which does sound fine actually, but I tweak the AUX with pure synths brass and Piano sounds to cover the ranges and what a nice quality sound I get when adding AUX.
No level increases, no tonal changes, just effect depth per need...

RME and UAD will never compete without customized automation control.
Static is cool, if you like sounding static...
AUX 4.jpg
AUX 4.jpg (151.47 KiB) Viewed 6127 times
fraz

Post by fraz »

dawman wrote:Funny thing is I dont care about Scope 6/7/8, etc.
Just every 5-8 years make sure drivers are still compatible.

But even with that said, I now have just purchased 64GBs of DDR3, 2 more ASRock Z97 boards and 2 x i7 4790k CPUs.
Everything I know works just got cheaper.
265 for CPUs 100 for motherboards 32GBs of 4 x 8 DIMMs for 195.....
I'm set for 10 years we know Scope systems don't cut corners.
Which AsRock Z97 boards did you get? and where from? - Way to go - Just in case... :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

2 x ASRock Z97 Extreme 6s. Supermicro CZ97 w/ i7 5775C.
And a long life thick PCB ASRock Z97 WS.

Perfect board for 1U Chassis.
DDR3 DIMMs are perpendicular to the faceplate.
This allows dual 20mm fans to suck air into the front, along the DIMMs and out the rear.

Before the ASRocks I used MSI boards that lasted a few years each.
The only devices that ever go out are motherboards and PSUs.
CPUs RAM and HDD/SSDs all still work.
And I'm quite sure I beat the shit out of my DAWg's.
8-10 hours daily, everyday...
fraz

Post by fraz »

dawman wrote:2 x ASRock Z97 Extreme 6s. Supermicro CZ97 w/ i7 5775C.
And a long life thick PCB ASRock Z97 WS.

Perfect board for 1U Chassis.
DDR3 DIMMs are perpendicular to the faceplate.
This allows dual 20mm fans to suck air into the front, along the DIMMs and out the rear.

Before the ASRocks I used MSI boards that lasted a few years each.
The only devices that ever go out are motherboards and PSUs.
CPUs RAM and HDD/SSDs all still work.
And I'm quite sure I beat the shit out of my DAWg's.
8-10 hours daily, everyday...
I've not seen AsRock Z97 WS - Are you sure it's AsRock? - It's not on AsRock website either [unless I missed it]
garyb

Post by garyb »

Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dawman wrote:Yes.

But static FX is not for me.

The grass always looks greener on the otherside :lol: . But when you go to the otherside you see a different set of problems and that overall it's even worse there. The UAD Apollo, RME, etc looks great from afar and at first, especially when one is frustrated with SCOPE but when you extensively research those other options and then compare them to SCOPE you quickly realize they are gravely flawed and limited; and then threw epiphany suddenly you realize that SCOPE was designed by true geniuses. Sadly many of Apollo's end-users I believe don't realize how flawed and limited it truly is until after they bought it and then they are complaining on its forum about it, and desparately request features that are basic to SCOPE and that many of us SCOPE users take for granted and not realizing just how much time and money went into SCOPE to get us those simple basic things.

Because of the lack of MIDI routing and MIDI CC control Apollo and RME can't do even half the routing SCOPE can do. But it isn't just MIDI lack their Audio-routing is weak and limited compared to SCOPE's e.g. Apollo only allows you to route 4 stereo channels (or 8 mono) from the dsp-enviroment to-and-from your Native DAW. You only get 4 Virtual I/O's wich means Apollo is NOT a true Mixing environment and is only suited for Tracking. If you want to process your Native VSTI's with Apollo's REALtime effects you don't get a lot of channels to do this cause 4 stereo is severly limited. Both RME and Apollo have no external side-chain inputs amongs other things. UA is starting to get MIDI Routing for Apollo but the only device that does it is the recently released Eventide Harmonizer wich can be triggered by MIDI notes on a Keyboard or piano-roll and thus played like a instrument/vocoder. But SCOPE has a VERY long list of things it does that those other interfaces don't some of wich are very basic things that appear mundane and that we can easily take for granted like the MIDI routing.

There really isn't anything else like SCOPE XITE-1 on the market. If you like many of SCOPE's features in a interface/dsp-platform then SCOPE is the only option. Sadly the industry focuses on mainly frills and gimmicks, more shiny shiny objects rather than basic and flexible engineer's and composer's tools that SCOPE has; truly great features and functionality takes a long time to develop and costs a lot of money to do so. Frank Hund the Ex-owner of SCOPE and head of Creamware once said "over 100 years of man-hours went into scope to make it a super-flexible all-in-one environment" to paraphrase. And this was long before SonicCore added their man-hours. Creamware had a lot of expensive developers on board designing SCOPE. UAD is slowly catching up but after 15 years of playing catch-up they really haven't gotten that far when you take a extensive and deep look, SCOPE is still light-years ahead despite UA having all the money now and a much bigger user-base.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hello Sounddesigner,

All the more reason to make sure Scope 7 does arrive [nice-n-steady] don't rush - :lol: - Maybe iron out bugs that exist [good idea] - Paid update if need be ! - To make sure Scope maintains it's position - I'm keeping mine !

To Dawman - That AsRock [industrial board] looks interesting - every GPU connector on board - But I'll stick with the mainstream ones ! - I did look it up - Seems scarce - And very pricey - Where did you actually get yours from? - and what cost?