Xite or UAD - seeking advice

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

Re: Xite or UAD - seeking advice

Post by krizrox »

You will get XITE from me when they pry it from my cold dead hands lol

There is a selling point that doesn't get talked about a lot... which I think almost trumps all other considerations: Tenacity and Longevity.

I've been with Creamware/Sonic Core since around 1997 starting with the original TripleDAT product. It never ceases to amaze me how well these products have endured. Lesser products seem to come and go - even from much larger companies with deeper pockets. But Scope (PCI) and now XITE, have been around for over a decade and still going strong. True, SC doesn't have the deep pockets and marketing panache of UA, but I like the idea that these products might very well outlive me lol. No where is that famous German build quality more evident than here with these products.

I understand that SC/XITE isn't for everyone. I get it. It's a small company and a smaller universe of users compared to UA, et al. The box has plenty of horsepower, but maybe the software could use a serious new coat of paint and some upgrades. When it comes to all things Creamware/Sonic Core, you have to learn to be patient. If you're not the patient type, you're going to be disappointed. ;-)
dawman

Re: Xite or UAD - seeking advice

Post by dawman »

Finally found an insurance broker for my rather expensive rig.
Agreed to cover costs for everything as long as I installed GPS Devices (12 total) on all racked gear and cabinets.

XITE-1 can now be tracked. :wink: