new XITE issues

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

jhulk

Re: Rather disturbing

Post by jhulk »

yep costs more and you disabled the hyperthreading so you could of brought a cheaper i5 same speed and cache size with the same speed benifits
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

Spanks the old i5 i had o'clock wise.

This has all been gone thru - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... ing-2.html

And I agree with the dude who said it depends if you have something better to spend the $diff on - which I didn't - and Im happy.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

krizrox wrote:Sorry for the delay in responding Sounddesigner. I posted my new system specs in another thread but here they are again:

MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard
Intel Core i5 processor, LGA1150, 3.5GHz, 6MB cache, i5-4690K
Corsair RM650 power supply
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Ram, 2x8, DDR3
EVGA GeForce GT520 video card
WD Black 1TB WD1003FZEZ SATA 6GB/s, 7200 RPM, 64MB cache
WD Black 500GB WD5002AALX, SATA 6GB/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB cache
Crucial M500 120GB SSD, SATA 6GB/s
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
XITE-1/Scope 5.1 64 bit

So far, the new system seems to be working well.
Yea, I seen your system specs in the other thread as well, hopefully they can help someone else as well who is looking for info on a working XITE-1 rig. That i5 and XITE-1 is a very powerfull combo that should serve you well for a long long time when coming from much less powerfull older system. To not have any problems with the mobo so far is a good sign. All should be fine! The number of years you get out of it is the final statement but so far looks like a combo system that would keep a smile on my face and be a pleasure to use.
krizrox

Re: Rather cool

Post by krizrox »

Yeah for the first time in a long time I have a PC that absolutely rocks. I mean... a 12 second boot up time... 5 second shut down... more hard drive space than I need for months of production... and XITE!!! I can't get over the improvement in sound quality. Like mixing outside the box (which it sorta is lol). XITE sounds more like hardware than software to me now. Very 3 dimensional.

Now I'm praying for Scope 6. The version that will tidy up all the loose ends. ;-)