Quantum Wave on XITE

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Quantum Wave on XITE

Post by garyb »

ok, i'll pass it along that the file is missing.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Dante, I just checked and I have that dsp file on both my Xite folder and PCI folder. Strange that some are missing it I don't remember having to do anything special when I installed it. (WinXP 32)

I was initially thinking that I could pull up my QWSE presets and load them in the instruments section of the QW full version but it doesn't seem to like that and says the preset file is incompatible. Tried renaming the preset file too but no luck.
Anyone know if this is possible?
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

the qwave se can load the qwave instruments presets, but the qwave full can't load the se ones.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ok got it thanks :)
dante

Post by dante »

yayajohn wrote:Dante, I just checked and I have that dsp file on both my Xite folder and PCI folder. Strange that some are missing it I don't remember having to do anything special when I installed it. (WinXP 32)

I was initially thinking that I could pull up my QWSE presets and load them in the instruments section of the QW full version but it doesn't seem to like that and says the preset file is incompatible. Tried renaming the preset file too but no luck.
Anyone know if this is possible?
Perhaps its just missing from the latest sale distribution.

If QWSE instruments wont load into full QW - thats OK - I will concentrate on making XITE useable presets on QWSE.

In terms of using full QW on XITE I reckon RP_001 idea is a better workaround - eg use 4 x QWSE instead.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I have some "humble" presets for QWSE if you want.
dante

Post by dante »

Yes, post them and Ill combine them with mine.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Ok here they are. Small humble list and not the most sophisticated but eh.....there might be a couple useful one's.
First the disclaimers: There are 3 presets I know of that are mods of the presets that came with the synth.
Crazedfiltermod -from the wavelength preset folder "Crazedfilter"
Pontifexmod-1/2 - from the Carl Lofgren folder "Pontifex"

There may be others that I did not build from scratch and modified to suit my own taste I really don't remember. If so I mean no offense to the master preset builders with whom I have tremendous respect and admiration for. I seek no credit for other people's work and am very thankful for the education their presets have provided.
Anyway....(maybe that will keep the preset police off my back :D )

Many of these presets utilize the Zarg RD Modules and the SpaceF Blackbox II Modules so if you don't have both then those presets won't work.

I was able to work my way through these with 8 voices poly without getting any pop-up windows. Until I got to the bottom with SuperSaw, not sure why that one tripped it but I was able to work it back up to 8 voices again one voice at a time. Also I think I disabled the FX for most of the presets so try and enable them after you load them for some extra juice :wink:
(My system: Xite-1 WinXP 32bit)
Q-Wave SE Presets Yayajohn.zip
(28.36 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
dante

Post by dante »

I don't have black box, but I'll check em out see what else is there ! Thanks.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

oh shucks sorry I didn't realize until I went through them all last night. I'm not sure if it's still for sale maybe PM Spacef if you're interested. That blackbox II is like a chest of gold. . filters, ocs's, synths, effects, tools, Lotta bang for the buck
dante

Post by dante »

Yes I'm sure blackbox is good value. But it's not within the brief of what I'm trying to achieve with Zarg synth sets - I want to make them an easy load on XITE-1. Avoiding as much as possible annoying popups about missing stuff.

OTOH if you can make your presets run reasonably on XITE-1, I could include it as a seperate 'blackbox' bank in the article.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

well that's fine. it's posted here so if anyone wants them and can benefit that's cool otherwise just ignore. I wouldn't consider them advanced but they suit my style so.