whats next for Xite-1?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

whats next for Xite-1?

Post by fraz »

Hi,

Just thought i'd pop in to ask whats next for Xite-1 - I've had mine a little while now and glad to have it. The Z-link port proved handy for me to connect the old Creamware A16 Ultra to provide 16 -I/O and the ADAT I/O provide another 16 I/O for the newer A16 Ultra by Ferrofish.

Do Sonic Core plan on releasing an Xite without the Z-Link port on or another Xite with MADI on too?

I did read some things here about MADI but don't understand the ins and outs apart from its lots of I/O and maybe lots more.

With Scope 6 around the corner and audio biscuit working on a sequencer to utilise the scope plugins not to mention the Bit Wig thing ----- :) It would be good to know more..........

I post this as I was considering another Xite but realised that the newer A16 Ultra don't have Z-Link on so I'd be stuck.......
Not that I need another Xite right now as I've got the PCI cards system-linked (Cubase) with Xite....... :) .......

With the Xite-1 using one of the ADAT ports in & out for system link I could see that under the current arrangement the I/O count being gobbled up with no room for external MIDI - one option is to put the Power Sampler with ADAT expansion in the 4 U Rack PC so a third PC could be used for Cubase system link - getting quite technical now and at times driving me -doo-lalley..... :P ....then that PC would need to be the master PC but I'd lose the SW1k as there is only three PCI slots on the MOBO [Scope Pro/Pulsar 2]------just having a little rant - chattering away watching a film LOL........Anyway it could create some useful feedback........

& btw 2 PC's system linked are fine now and for some time- I was just thinking of the possibilities and what was feasible technically or not ------- :roll: :D