Powering XITE on after PC -> no go

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Powering XITE on after PC -> no go

Post by dawman »

Yes I am an immature person who owns an XITE-1, I accept that title.
You on the other hand you are a pest who follows GaryB wherever he posts and tries to purposely antagonize him.
Just want to make sure folks know who you and I are, no sugar coating necessary.
hubird

Post by hubird »

You can relax Stardust: Europe can have it's social democracy again without being called fascistic just for that, and Planetz is no longer kinda platform for promoting conspiricy and doom (´my own little garden´, free for those who agree with the gardener, or something).

It´s clear that some of us will never be close friends, but that shouldn´t be a problem, if the forum keeps an open character.

...Me still ready to discuss every subject on Earth, including NWA, war threats, or even granberries, if only with an open mind :D
Last edited by hubird on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

NWA is still my favorite band of Rappers........
Ice Cube will swarm, on any M.tha.F....r in a Blue Uniform...BOOV_BOOV-ttsshh.. :o
hubird

Post by hubird »

NWA...you never heard of the New World Arder?? :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah, and actually New World Awder is actually NWO with a Boston accent.
Had a boss named Arber once, and our foremen would call him on the radio and would say Dave Abba, ....come in....
He too, was from Boston.
peksi

Post by peksi »

this thread has turned into garbage.. but thanks for you guys who stayed on the subject.
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

So...question...why is it so hard to turn XITE on first ? No-one seems to be debating over a PCIe graphics card having power on by the time the O/S boots.
dante

Post by dante »

peksi wrote:critics for a commercial products should be taken as suggestions for improvement.
Up to a point, but those suggestions should go to the manufacturer if the author really expects anything to be done. And I would think in the case of a hardware suggestion, it would only be relevant if there was an announced intention on manufacturers part to release a version 2.

So far only software upgrade is on the roadmap.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

SilverScoper wrote:So...question...why is it so hard to turn XITE on first ?
Yeah, we have real hardships to face these days.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yes plenty of other stuff for the handful of people at SC to do first before getting to the little annoyances that i'm sure we all can live with for now. I'm sure that I'm just not seeing the big picture of things but why not just either leave everything up and running and instantly ready to use for hours like I do, or if you really want to conserve power just shut it completely down until you are ready to work.
Just curious, but is it a save the planet concern or a preserve the Xite and computer concern?
peksi

Post by peksi »

yeah it's no big deal to reboot computer whenever i power cycle my XITE. it's all about sound and quality. these kinda things are 99% irrelevant but just wanted to shoot it to the experts here.

i guess it is a bad habit to leave your PC on for days.. especially in these times. but i just like to leave my work all over desktop and continue where i left from. if i close all i tend to forget where i was last time with my programming work.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah i can certainly understand that. When inspiration hits you don't want to be fiddling around trying to get your rig back to it's last configuration. To me leaving your work open/unsaved is risky to pwr outages/surges and plain Windows suckage that may freeze your system among other things. What I have developed (and prob most people here) is the extensive use of presets and "Save As" for Scope projects and also for your DAW projects. I also leave myself notes in case all else goes wrong. Your computer will most likely outlive it's usefulness before you decide to upgrade again and the Xite......well I have a feeling that is built to last as long, if not longer than the 30+ yr old synths I still have and pwr up flawlessly everytime.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Weird. I do the exact opposite - leave the XITE on (unless I know I'm away for a long period) and turn the computer on and off.

However, in my researches I came upon this elegant solution:
resize.JPG
resize.JPG (623 KiB) Viewed 4246 times
PM me if you need the schematics.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Weird. I do the exact opposite - leave the XITE on (unless I know I'm away for a long period) and turn the computer on and off.

However, in my researches I came upon this elegant solution:

PM me if you need the schematics.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I should try that to save the ol' DOH......reboot! :lol:
wayne

Post by wayne »

My guitarist mate put a sign next to his bed - "Pants first, then shoes"

This helps him in the morning :D
hubird

Post by hubird »

:lol:
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I've always followed the philosophy of turning everything on before the final device that sends audio to speakers. Turn off the thing that sends audio to speakers before everything else. This philosophy has served me well for decades and it seems to work well in the case of Xite.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Always turn Xite on first.
Always turn Xite off last.

G
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

I consider the XITE-1 an expensive well made Server.
It's in a rack with vintage analog synths and FX, all controlled by powering on the Line Conditioner.
Whenever I screw up, I pull out my server and re seat the PCI-e 1x card.
Seems to remember where it came from.