XITE-1 + Solaris

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

Re: XITE-1 + Solaris

Post by astroman »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Oh Wow Man..............Light the insense, ............Unicorns and Glitter.
Waldorf Wavetaables do not need a Control Smoother on Solaris.
They just wrap around and morph even at lower shape amounts.
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
it may have been mentioned somewhere (can't remember, tho...), but THAT sound is proof of what a 96k engine can do...
(with experts coding...)
how does it feel to stand in front of the holy grail ? :D

congrats, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

I played for hours since the heat outside is unbearable, even my Pool feels like a sauna.
So after an 8 hour stretch I sat down for Coffee and couldn;t help but notice Megan Fox in Jonah Hex, a really stupid movie but she is mesmorizing.
I stared at her in an ecstatic state, fell asleep and dreamed I was in her house as a guest and she had every synth ever made. I would play and she would then..............everytime I pushed the keys. I then woke up back to reality as that nagging voice was screaming the wind blew the trash cans down the street...My current fiancee can definately screw up a wet dream.......
Anyways I fetched them and continued my dream, but this dream is real as I am on my cherished Solaris....
Megan-Fox-t04.jpg
dante

Post by dante »

Coolness. Was all that from just one keypress ? Sounds like some rotors in action as well as the walldoofs.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Vectoring w/ a Joystick glitch free, adding 1/2/3 and 4 parts.
I only played a Waldorf Wave once and it was brief as the Stage manager for the Headliner bird dogged me, but Solaris seems to be in between the PPG 2.3 and the Wave, as far as the zero point interpolation is concerned.
I will finsih my 4 part preset where the CEM Saw + CEM Morphed Saw+Pulse can have 2 parts, and the Waldorf Oscillators have 2 parts.
It will be CEM's solo'd where the sound of a Poly synth will be heard for a verse section, and then the Chorus will add the Wavetables and their Bellish swirly girly timbres will simply add the extra db needed as Chorus sections usually require another layer of dynamics.

In all this XITE'ment ( no pun intended ) I must say that the XITE-1 is a serious weapon and meant to be partnered with Solaris. I am waiting for my SP/DIF to AES/EBU converter to see if there's any differenmce staying all digital. But from the examples you can see the Analog I/O's sound fantastic, and little old cheesy Reaper is pretty accurate for 50 bucks.
dante

Post by dante »

r u using XITE just to add fx to solaris, or layering w/ other Scope synths ?

probably both if I know you...

Be interesting to see if S|C bring some of the 21369 assets Klaus developed during Solaris programming back to Scope platform.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Dude it actually dips below 20 and can be felt as well as heard.
The Analog still has a slight edge but it's so slight that nobody but me would notice.
I have used Analog since 1976 and 35 years later can admit that digital can emulate it just fine.
This brings me to believe that Native could achieve this since it too is digital.
But I guess you need a man who actually built and played Analogs.
Maybe the Native developers will become motivated to create something with Balls instead of cute pictures...

big difference from native, to do that on a CPU with no compromise to the sound would eat up all the CPU that your DAW needs, they use algorithms which are similar but not the same as MP3 to save on the parts "you cant hear anyways" but once you add them up, all the things they have left out do not give the same sound. there are some things that are GREAT in native, like NI massive. but even with the best CPU you wont be doing a solaris any day soon.

i know i am preaching to the choir, but thats why we use our scope and XITEs, isnt it?

BTW, it is your duty to the peons who have to wait till after German holidays + building time to create some sounds and post them on youtube or soundcloud!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Your definition of native sound design probably explains what I hear, but lack the scientific expertise.
Same thing w/ Gigastudios' LSAD Acoustic Drums. I have bought 6 different " ultimate " drum instruments for VSTi and Kontakt and none of them have the full/round sound of Giga, and the fanboys can make all the claims they want and provide workarounds like boosting EQ, or adding even more layers of 1's and 0's but I only wanted a powerful dry kit.
Maybe it wont nullify or whatever other experimental non musical tasks have validity, at the end of the day, the sound is what I want not the formula...
Thats why Scope and various hardware options get used by me. I listen, I like, I but.
Once I bought my first 6 x DSP card back in 2005 I never needed another auditioning from CS|SC. XBox and Solaris didn't need a demo either...

And yes, it's my duty to snippett a few, but it's time to Man Up and do a song so that's next.
No more QX-1 either. THat was the hard part, learning how to use these softie sequencers was undoing decades of habits, but I think I finally got things where I can understand and have a decent workflow.
6 years later, I have replaced all hardware except the SE-1 and PCM70..
Maybe someone will use the RAM Jurgen gave us and we can get some hardware style sounding effects and avoid those trips to the CPU and system RAM....

Peace Out........
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

dante wrote:r u using XITE just to add fx to solaris, or layering w/ other Scope synths ?

Be interesting to see if S|C bring some of the 21369 assets Klaus developed during Solaris programming back to Scope platform.
I'm still waiting for John B. to optimize the Scope version for Xite :cry: :( :roll:

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:
And yes, it's my duty to snippet a few, but it's time to Man Up and do a song so that's next....

Peace Out........
REALLY looking forward to hearing everything you got!!
...and offering what little scant bit of help you may need along the way...

So far it's sounding JOOOOOCCCCYYYYYYY

Greg
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

siriusbliss wrote:
dante wrote:r u using XITE just to add fx to solaris, or layering w/ other Scope synths ?

I'm still waiting for John B. to optimize the Scope version for Xite :cry: :( :roll:

Greg
he is just slightly busy at the moment :)
dante

Post by dante »

siriusbliss wrote:

Greg
Thats where re-useable 21369 code would come in handy. But that could close the door on any more PCI version dev as would Jurgen's RAM (seemingly contrary to pitch/philosophy of new SDK ?) , cant see em having the time to maintain dual version codebases. Also might be strategic to wait for h/ware Solaris sales to peak and slow before making new versions.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm sure that this is near the end of all pci card developement.
dawman

Post by dawman »

http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sine-piano

Sine Piano w/ fake drums, fake Bass and fake tits in the picture too.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

That DISTORTED BASS + DUAL RIBBONED WALDORFS sounds like an double Ice-cream to ears
Hoping to ear more of this

Thanks
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah that one is my favourite too.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Possibly, these DUAL RIBONNED WALDORFS give this whole thing its noble trend...
Ice Cream it is!
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Cream Ware would have been more appropriate than Ice Cream but the most important is the Sonic Choir !!!
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

:D