XTC good news and bad news Cubase 5.5.1 and XITE

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: XTC good news and bad news w/ Cubase 5.5.1 and XITE

Post by dante »

stardust wrote:Thanks for the efforts. I am not sure what you think I wanted to hear :)
Well I thought you may have wanted an indication that the issue was not widespread so therefore you had a chance of fixing it on your setup. I guess its widespread though.

Whatever the problem, it seems to me that Steini and S|C are out of step, and it would be a problem that they both had to work on so that the correct mapping occur between the 2 environments.

Maybe later versions of Scope synths use different control numbers to what ealrier cubase versions used as mapping. Was it all working back in Creamware days ?

And yeah the board0 thing seems to be xite specific. I got no error messages at all during automation tests (including simultanous midi keyboard recording and Phatboy twiddle automation writing), only a few warnings during plugin scan and also errors when trying to bring up the older scope 4.0 version plugs ( under XTC sub menu ).
spacef

Re: XTC good news and bad news w/ Cubase 5.5.1 and XITE

Post by spacef »

stardust wrote:*
In case one moves a knob while having write activated nothing gets recorded to Cubase VST automation.
I have this everyday in cubase 5.5.1.... and it's one of numerous bugs that look like will remain unfixed until a paying upgrade...

The solution (at least with "regular " parameters such as channels or vstis):
- save the song,
- the automation track should appear now.
- stupid isn't it :-)

So not having any recorded automation line is "normal" in 5.5.+..75% of the cases (i mostly automate levels and mutes, shouldn't be a big deal, but...).
i discovered that the recorded automation line appears, and is actually playing, only after a "save" or "save as" of the project. You can try to write all day again and again, it will not do anything until you save. There are a lot of those small bugs that did not exist in 5.1 (the best/most stable cubase ever in my opinion).
saving incrementally and often is more useful than ever with this cubase release...

let us know if the "save" solution for automation works for xtc too.
for the other bugs, i don't use xtc at all so cannot comment.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website