Help with Minimax please....

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

markb

Help with Minimax please....

Post by markb »

Hello Everyone

I just received my secondhand minimax after posting for one on this forum and I'm very impressed with the sound but some things are driving me crazy and particularly I cannot figure out how to save a preset !

My questions are:

1. How do I swap between User Presets and Factory Presets and then save a preset for a sound I create ???
2. Is there any way to put the unit into 'front panel mode' so that when its turned on for example, the sound I play is exactly what the front panel is showing ?
3. Everytime I turn it on I have to change the midi settings and polyphony - is there any way to save these system settings so I dont have to keep doing it ??

Thanks and hopefully someone can answer quickly with the 'how to save a preset' in particular !

Mark
markb

Re: Help with Minimax please....

Post by markb »

Just phoned Sonic Core and they answered all the questions !
gregae

Post by gregae »

markb wrote:Just phoned Sonic Core and they answered all the questions !
And the answers were... what? I'm particularly interested in the answers to #2 & #3.
markb

Post by markb »

there's no front panel mode (shame) so I made a very simple and basic patch that I can always go back to and edit....

To 'save' the midi / other system info (and dig this for a crazy OS design) all you need to do is alter the master system volume (as) the last thing you do before turning off the unit - so for example changing it from 127 to 126 and then when you turn the unit on.....all system setting come up as you had them before the unit was turned off - crazy but true

And...you need to do this everytime you turn it off !
astroman

Post by astroman »

pretty smart... if you know about the trick... :lol:

cheers, Tom
REENO

Post by REENO »

markb wrote:Hello Everyone

I just received my secondhand minimax after posting for one on this forum and I'm very impressed with the sound but some things are driving me crazy and particularly I cannot figure out how to save a preset !

My questions are:

1. How do I swap between User Presets and Factory Presets and then save a preset for a sound I create ???
2. Is there any way to put the unit into 'front panel mode' so that when its turned on for example, the sound I play is exactly what the front panel is showing ?
3. Everytime I turn it on I have to change the midi settings and polyphony - is there any way to save these system settings so I dont have to keep doing it ??

Thanks and hopefully someone can answer quickly with the 'how to save a preset' in particular !

Mark
Greetings. I just got a Minimax, but the manual is wrong when it explains the procedure for saving a new patch. How do I do this?