re-flash NOAH EX

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

Re: re-flash NOAH EX

Post by astroman »

That‘s some impressive analysis and solution of a problem, respect :o 8)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Well, the torture never stops !

I got problems w/ the keys.
I followed the advise importing the former owners keyfile which included everything keys except for EDS8i, Prodyssey and Profit-5, successfully.
Nonetheless, NOAH EX again asked for keys for every device when loaded, also these which were already installed by the previous owner.
I then copied and pasted new keys I got from S|C w/ the result of "Copy Protection Violation" and now devices are greyed out and cannot be used anymore.

Then I removed scope.rgy and noah.rgy from noah editor app\bin folder, uninstalled v1.1 and re-installed in the hope new empty .rgy files will be created and I can enter keys all new ...
Result:
the latest driver configuration is gone again,- I still see CreamWare NOAH Midi and CreamWare NOAH Synthesizer in device manager and when opening CreamWare NOAH Device, but CreamWare NOAH Wave is gone again.
How to get that driver back ?

And because I guess NOAH hardware remembers copy protect violation somewhere in flash memory, how to wipe ?

Can I use Flashtool again and overwrite the entire flash memory w/ the same "noah_default_edsp_prod.dmp" file ?

Meanwhile I lose hope and fear I ruin the machine.

Next question:
When entering activation keys one-by-one and copy/paste from clipboard, I´ve been asked for saving the/each key which I did,
Where are these saved ? On the computer and somewhere in NOAH application folder, OR in NOAH hardware,- or both ?
How to get that over to NOAH hardware and stored permanent ?
I can click on "from/ to Noah" button but it seems that makes not much difference
It´s nowhere explained in the manual unfortunately.

:(

Bud
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:25 am And because I guess NOAH hardware remembers copy protect violation somewhere in flash memory, how to wipe ?
Reflashing firmware will erase all keys inside NOAH's flash memory.
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Bud will this help:

To install plug-ins NOAH:

1. Create a shortcut on your desktop from this location "C: \ Noah \ App \ Bin \ PluginInstaller.exe"

2. Drag the necessary OXE files to PluginInstaller.exe shortcut you created on the desktop

3. You should get messages appearing from the application that you need to synchronize but it tends to take care of itself
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:25 am Where are these saved ?
Check ....App/Bin folder (if I remember right) for *.rgy file. Or better make a "search" in NOAH folder (incl. subfolders).
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Also this is my rgy file opened up in a text editor with the date and serial numbers omitted.

# G17ZZ0R07 CW Synthesizer Package 2
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Minimax
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Vectron
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Vocodizer
# G17ZZ0R07 CW B-2003
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Profit5
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Interpole
# G17ZZ0R07 CW proTone
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Prodyssey
# G17ZZ0R07 CW Noah Editor
# G17ZZ0R07 Six-String

I think the optional plugins are included after a back-up, not 100% sure though.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

mk_vip wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:19 am Reflashing firmware will erase all keys inside NOAH's flash memory.
Thx you,- I´m actually re- re-flashing NOAH EX w/ the "noah_default_edsp_prod.dmp" file !

edit:
the reflash process worked when I tried for the 2nd time and it was fast like it was yesterday.

All keys should be deleted now.

:)

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am Bud will this help:

To install plug-ins NOAH:

1. Create a shortcut on your desktop from this location "C: \ Noah \ App \ Bin \ PluginInstaller.exe"

2. Drag the necessary OXE files to PluginInstaller.exe shortcut you created on the desktop

3. You should get messages appearing from the application that you need to synchronize but it tends to take care of itself
I don´t understand ...
When the NOAHEX is re-flashed using Flashbox and "noah_default_edsp_prod.dmp" file,- ALL the plugins are already stored in NOAH´s flashmemory and when I try to load, ask for keys one by one.
I then copy and paste single keys into the open activation window and save the key.
I´ll have to do that for every single device,- B-2003, Interpole, Lightwave, Minimax, VectronP, ProOne, Sixstring, Vocodizer, EDS8i, Prodyssey.
Only Profit-5 isn´t included in that file and has to be installed later.

I wonder why I got a key for the Editor software,- I installed for several times now and it never asked for a key.

So, you say I´ll have to install the plugins to the computer too and in addition to the now re-flashed NOAH EX ?
Where is this documented ?
I thought, I cann now install the v1.1 Editor, synchronize and get all from NOAH, - no ?

I´ll now try to get the damn CreamWare NOAH Wave driver back ...

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I get a nervous breakdown !

I don´t get the CreamWare NOAH Wave driver installed when running the v1.1 setup.exe

The NOAH Remote Editor software isn´t installed yet, I cleaned the registry from Creamware entries, deleted the 2 "CW..."named drivers from Windows\system32 and uninstalled CreamWare NOAH Synthesizer as also CreamWare NOAH Midi in device manager, then started driver installation all new following the instructions for 3 times now,- and only the synth and MIDI were installed every time.
I don´t understand because yesterday it suddenly worked,- but that was after I uninstalled the v1.0 editor.

Can it be I´d still need something from v1.0 somewhere whch has to exist to be updated from .1.1 then

How can I do it manually ?
In v1.1 Driver\USB folder there are several files:

NoahProp.dll
NOAHPR16.DLL
cwusbMidi.inf
cwusbme.sys
CwUsbIO.sys
CwUsbAUD.sys
cwusbaud.inf
cwusb.sys
CWusb.inf

Which are the files I need,- .inf and whatelse in addition ?
When I´d have to copy something manually, to which location please ?

:-?

Bud
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:50 am I´ll now try to get the damn CreamWare NOAH Wave driver back ...
Do you need this driver?
In your working scenario (standalone) you don't need a wave driver AT ALL (as well as an ASIO driver).
The Wave and ASIO drivers come in handy if you plan on using the Noah as your soundcard.
If you just need to use it as a synthesizer, you only need the main NOAH USB driver in the system (for the remote software) and a midi driver as well (for midi rec into a sequencer).
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

There must be a reason why Win XP refuses installation of drivers now.
I now installed and uninstalled the different versions of drivers and editor software for several times on the same computer,- and suddenly s##t happens, even it was already as it should before,- except the devices activation for NOAH EX.

B,t.w.,- the MIDI driver is now gone also and leaved just only the "CreamWare NOAH synthesizer" entry in device manager.
Midi and Wave missing now,- and where´s the ASIO ?
Is it named "usbaudio" or such ?

I wonder if Win XP had some limitation for Midi-, audio driver installations,- like it has the 10 Midi ports limitation,- but when I google it´s not much help.
But there must be something.

And yes,- I´ve set up this WinXP Pro SP3 Intel Pentium IV 2.4GHz machine especially for NOAH EX,- and it would be nice to haveat least the option using NOAH as the audio/Midi interface for that machine.

Bud
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:27 am Midi and Wave missing now,- and where´s the ASIO ?
Is it named "usbaudio" or such ?
No.
The ASIO driver is visible only in the Windows registry, and of course in the DAWs.
The ASIO driver does not appear in the device manager.
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:27 am I wonder if Win XP had some limitation for Midi-, audio driver installations,-
There are no such limitations.
garyb

Post by garyb »

this really should not be so difficult.
if you have followed all instructions that come with the software files, it should be very quick and easy. perhaps the unit has a problem...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:42 am this really should not be so difficult.
if you have followed all instructions that come with the software files, it should be very quick and easy. perhaps the unit has a problem...
Hi Gary !

Today, I don´t have time to work w/ NOAH EX, but tomorrow I´ll have more again...
Some report and questions now:

After I reflash NOAH, new hardware will be recognized and driver installation starts again.
I got the MIDI driver back that way, but the driver installation seems to skip the by installer automated process of the WAVE driver installation.
At one point, I got the wave driver installed also, but it seems that was pure luck.

I doubt this has something to do w/ the NOAH hardware at all,- it simply worked before I flashed and it does after I did.
It has USB connectivity,- I CAN enter keys and get response from NOAH´s display and I can flash the unit repeatedly w/ success.

There are other issues though.
Can it be, some keys I got are wrong and some are missing ???

I the email I got from support, I got following keys:

Noah Hardware Ser.No.
Noah Editor
Synthesizer Package 2
Minimax
Six-String
proTone (not Pro One !)
B-2003
Vocodizer
Interpole
Prodyssey
Pro12/Profit 5

single keys for Lightwave, VectronP and EDS8i are missing.

EDS8i isn´t important because I don´t really need,- but Lightwave IS important (for me).

The key for Interpole results in "copyright violation" error repeatedly !
I have to re-boot NOAH and then the device is de-activated.

To remove already saved wrong keys I have to re-flash the machine what luckily now worked for 3 times, but is that really necessary ?

The Synthesizer Package 2 key should work for Minimax, Profit 5, B-2003, Lightwave, Vectron Player.
I understand this is basically (a derivate of) what today is called "Scope Synth Legends bundle", except Vectron and Prisma not included.

Now,- and in addition to the Synthesizer Package 2 key,- I got extra keys for (see above) Minimax, Profit 5, B-2003,- but not for Lightwave and Vectron P ... WHY ?

When I use the "Synthesizer Package 2" key for Lightwave,- I also get "copyprotection violation" error message and have to reboot and re-flash to erase that key entry.

When I load plugins from NOAH front panel, each single device is asking for it´s key,- but nothing asks for the "Synthesizer Package 2" key,- never.

When do I have to enter the Synthesizer Package 2 key and save,- and why doesn´t that activate Lightwave and VectronP ?
Why does the Interpole key not work at all ?

I´m not sure what the key for the Remote Editor is for.
When I start the editor software, the key isn´t requested at any time.
When and where in the Remote Editor software shall I enter that key ?

It´s no complain because I know there´s no official support anymore, but when there were the (near future ???) option to get a functional .rgy/ allkeys file again, that would make all the above obsolete and possibly work in a minute by "import keyfile" function.
Is there hope the keyserver will be up again one day ?

B.t.w., I cannot use the previous owners keyfile (.rgy) because I didn´t get one.
It got lost w/ his old computer HDD.

But before I re-flashed NOAH EX for the 1st time, I saved it´s IF (Noah internal flash memory),- and there´s also a .rgy.
Surprisingly, when I open in Windows editor, it looks very cryptic (or corrupted ?) ...
Nothing by average humans readable content and not comparable to any .rgy file I´ve ever seen.
I´ll post a pic/screenshot later.
I dunno if that´s usable at all and I´m unable to tell if that´s what I see are saved activation keys.
I tried to use that file, just only to get back the standard pluging configuration of NOAH EX,- but it didn´t help.

And, in Noah Remote Editor software, there´s a "Scope.rgy" which is empty.,- what´s that ?

So, I´m somewhat lost a.t.m. and leaved the machine in re-flashed state, powered off and all the devices no being activated.
It´s just too much trial ´n error resulting in
copy protection violation
almost every time.

Means it´s a brick for the time being,- which is very sad.
But obviousely I´m unable to change that.

Bud
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:53 am single keys for Lightwave, VectronP and EDS8i are missing.
They are all there. The key (one for all) for these plugins is - Synthesizer Package 2.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

mk_vip wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:17 am
Bud Weiser wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:53 am single keys for Lightwave, VectronP and EDS8i are missing.
They are all there. The key (one for all) for these plugins is - Synthesizer Package 2.
As I said above,- when I enter that key for Lightwave, I get a "copy protection violation" message and when I enter the dedicated key for Interpole, I get that too.

It´s not a fault of the machine, it takes the dedicated key for B-2003 p.ex.. !

And I don´t understand why I got dedicated keys for,- Minimax, Profit 5, B-2003,- when these belong to Synthesizer Package 2 ???

And,- when I load all the devices belonging to that package one by one and they ask for keys every time, do I have to enter the "SP2"-key every time again,- or what,- or a combination of the "SP2"-key only 1st time (for Lightwave p.ex.) and then the follow up individual keys even the devices are included in "SP-2" or ... ???
Too many options ... and/ or are the individual keys for the devices from that package obsolete ???

It´s all irritating and confusing.

And the Interpole key won´t work at all still since I get "copy protect violation" message too.

I´m patient !
I´d wait for a full keyfile .rgy when there were the option and hope the keyserver will be up ´n running again.

Actually it´s futile experimentation w/ combinations of keys w/ the result I have to flash the machine twice a day.

:(

Bud

P.S.: I have workers here today, - NOAH EX time will be tomorrow for me.
Until then, I hope for more answers, possibly a step-by-step instructions to enter the list of keys in correct sequential order.
Would leave the non-working Interpole key though !
mk_vip

Post by mk_vip »

Bud Weiser wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 am And I don´t understand why I got dedicated keys for,- Minimax, Profit 5, B-2003,- when these belong to Synthesizer Package 2 ???
At the time when NOAH released, this plugins were not included in this package.
They were a separate plugins (in SFP for PCI cards also).
garyb

Post by garyb »

copy protection violation is usually a loss of communication between hardware and software.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:42 am copy protection violation is usually a loss of communication between hardware and software.
Sorry Gary,- not in this case.
USB and Midi is stable and I doubt it doesn´t lose communication just only every time I try to enter the keys for Interpole or Lightwave (Synth pack 2).
In fact,- in the registry, I see the keys being saved,- but the plugins again ask for valid keys.

When I enter the individual key for B-2003,- what I now did for several times after multiple re-flashes,- it never loses communication.

Anyway, I go sleep now for about 5 hrs and will be back later.

Bud