iRig HD and NOAH in tandem under ASIO4ALL v2

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

okvinge

iRig HD and NOAH in tandem under ASIO4ALL v2

Post by okvinge »

Just to report that the iRig HD guitar interface works well in tandem with NOAH under the latest ASIO4all v2 drivers.

I have previously experienced that the NOAH distorts the sound after a while when using the device as a sound card for audio recording
using the NOAH ASIO 1.1 drivers under XP. Despite experimenting with various combinations of numbers of ins and outs, buffer settings etc, the unit has never worked stable as an ASIO sound card. Now the iRig works as input (24 bit/44,1) and NOAH as output. The Asio4all driver seems to be communicating with the WMA drivers and not ASIO. Anyway, it works really well under Cubase 6 and Ableton 8, low latency, good guitar signal, and all synths and effects accessible from NOAH.

ok
okvinge

Re: iRig HD and NOAH in tandem under ASIO4ALL v2

Post by okvinge »

It's been a while since I last tried to combine iRig HD (1st generation HD) and NOAH for audio recording and playback. This time I had serious problems lowering the latency of the incoming audio signal to a comfortable level. I used the ASIO4all drivers and activated NOAH x 6 and the iRig HD for input, and NOAH only for output. So I spent hours adjusting all avaliable settings of the control panel of ASIO4all and those in Ableton Live with no workable solutions. The overall latency never came below 40 ms which is useless for recording bass and guitar which was my intention.

The solution is to de activate (in the asio4all control panel) NOAH for ASIO source and leave iRig only for incoming audio signal. This probably eliminates the need to coordinate two simultaneous ASIO sources which acually is possible in ASIO4all. Now the latency is in the 4-7 ms range, which is comfortable.

Under asio4all, I really recommend the NOAH for its features as an audio card in addition to its synth and effect engines. Its a beast!

Okvinge