PSU, software & other noob questions

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

vlaad3

PSU, software & other noob questions

Post by vlaad3 »

Hi,
As of yesterday Im a proud owner of Noah EX, so I have a few questions:
1. Im annoyed by the PSU fan noise (louder than my computer), will Noah work ok if I just disconnect the fan?
2. Having problems with installing Odyssey and EdSi using Pluginstaller on my Mac OSX 10.6: Pluginstaller starts but selection what to install just isnt there. When I flashed Noah using flash tool Oddysey and EdSi were in the machine, but seems like I lost all activation keys, so I reflashed it back with old software. Windows version of software doesnt work on my Bootcamp Mac partition, except for flashtool.
Thats it, so far :)
Cheers,
Vlaad
astroman

Re: PSU, software & other noob questions

Post by astroman »

vlaad3 wrote:Hi,
As of yesterday Im a proud owner of Noah EX, so I have a few questions:
1. Im annoyed by the PSU fan noise (louder than my computer), will Noah work ok if I just disconnect the fan?
obviously it does... as you can see here... :lol:
but I wouldn't recommend the method unless you have CLEARLY understood that a switching powersupply CAN kill you even without power connected. The capacitors store several hundred Volt for quite some time and those shiny metal parts (heatsinks) on the pic are likely to be under a few thousand Volt when active.
Of course fatal accidents are rare, but it has the potential, so handle with (serious) care, if you cant' resist. /warning :D
From the point of emmissions it's illegal to run such a device.
Anyway, that's a regular ATX PSU and probably has some reserve because there are no diskdrives and graphic cards to supply.
Don't touch the metal inside to check temperature, that's NOT ground but HIGH Voltage !
I'd rather replace the fan by a good one running on 5V instead of 12V (not all start at this rate, tho).

cheers, Tom
(sorry, don't have a NOAH, so I can't comment on the software - just don't mess too much with it. If you screw it, probably nobody can help you, it's a highly specific device with highly specific software... )
natsuga

Post by natsuga »

Hi. I am also using my noah in mac os 10.6. To install plug-ins you have to create a directory entitled oxe in the application folder of NOAH and put the oxe files in it. You can write to Soniccore to ask them to send you specific oxe files for your hardware.
vlaad3

Post by vlaad3 »

yes, using trial & error approach i tried putting oxe files into oxe folder and it kinda worked for some plugins, except for vectron which refuses to start in software and noah also.
i wrote an email to soniccore at register@soniccore.de few days ago asking for keys, but still didnt get answer...
are prodyssey and profit-5 free or they sell it?
vlaad3

Post by vlaad3 »

well, to answer myself: ralf from sonic core sent me a key file that unlock all synths - glory to him.