Available plug ins

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

teknobeam

Available plug ins

Post by teknobeam »

Hello,

I currently own a Noah EX that I have had for about three years. I love it so much that I recently bought another one from Ebay since the seller claimed it had the Proodyssey, the P5 and the Eds8i installed which mine doesn't have. with two machines i would have had all of the vintage emulations. It was really the Oddysey I was interested in. Well,, he messaged me today claiming that he had made a mistke describing the item on Ebay after I payed for it. He now claims it doesn't have the Oddysey loaded in it and the P5 and the EdSi are not loading properly. So, I have cancelled the transaction. My question is...Is there any way I can buy the Oddyssey plug in or any of the other plug ins and load them into my existing Noah?

Thanks Tek
HUROLURA

Re: Available plug ins

Post by HUROLURA »

Just ask kindly to SC ...
teknobeam

Post by teknobeam »

Hurolura, thanks for your reply. I actually purchesd one of the early Minimax's and still have it. It's a beautiful synth. But the Noah took a while to fully appreciate. In my opinion it's far above anything like "reason" It's really brilliantly concieved. Every aspect of it from the mixer to the midi control is like a rolls royce. The sound quality is on a different plane compared to most virtual analogs. I have a bunch of old school analog synths that I have owned for many years as well as a Virus B and some other VA stuff. The Noah doesn't sound at all like a VA. it's alive.

Tek
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

You mean Minimax ASB ?
teknobeam

Post by teknobeam »

Yes, the Minimax ASB.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Did you try to use it as a remote controller for its Noah equivalent ?
teknobeam

Post by teknobeam »

HUROLURA wrote:Did you try to use it as a remote controller for its Noah equivalent ?
HUROLURA, Interesting that you ask that question. I purchased the Minimax ASB about a year before I picked up the Noah and I did spend a small amount of time trying to make that happen, but what I found in general was that the two are different animals. I haven't really explored the full capability of either the Minimax ASB or the Noah. From my small amount of time invested in working with the Minimax ASB software, it appears that it is somewhat different to that of the Noah and I'm not sure you can use the minimax ASB directly as a controller for the Noah version. The graphic interface on both versions are somewhat different also. From what I can remember, I tried to manually create a patch on the minimax ASB and then copy the knob settings on the Noah version and they sounded very different. Also, I don't think you can load a Minimax ASB file into the Noah as a preset or vice versa. I could be wrong about all of this. it would really be nice to be able to control the Noah's mini from the Minimax ASB.
Rauschdiagnose

Post by Rauschdiagnose »

teknobeam wrote:My question is...Is there any way I can buy the Oddyssey plug in?
Hi,

I've sent an email to Sonic Core and asked them if the Prodyssey plugin is still available, but they never replied. :roll:
teknobeam

Post by teknobeam »

Yes. I sent an email also and didn't recieve a response. Maybe I will try again. If I hear anything from them i will notify you also.
Rauschdiagnose

Post by Rauschdiagnose »

Ralf Dressel from Sonic Core replied to my email two weeks ago.
I've sent him my serial number and he generated a keyfile for me which I've received yesterday.
:)

If you read it, Mr. Dressel: Thank you very much, you are the best!
:wink: