Installing fresh NOAH OS & plugs

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

texmex

Installing fresh NOAH OS & plugs

Post by texmex »

Hello,

I recently tried to install some of the missing plugs my NOAH seller said the box had, namely EDS8i and Prodyssey. In the process I flashed my NOAH to default OS (EX with EDS8i and prodyssey) using the FlashBox utility. Before the process I backed up my flash.

After the flashing NOAH editor started to ask for serials for all the plugins I tried to use. I don't have those serials with me,the previous owner didn't give any. I only got serial for Pro-12 he had bought.

I then tried to reflash it back to the previous state, but that didn't work. No matter how many times I did it, the NOAH displayed "Starting Operating System..." and nothing else happened. Flashing to default OS helped, but the thing asking for serials.

So my question is that how can I get the NOAH to a working state with as many devices as possible? What are the NoKeys oxe files exactly? Are they the devices that _require_ keys but do not have them, or are they supposed to be devices that no longer require these keys? And what is the "allkeys" people are talking about? I already sent an inquiry to SonicCOre but haven't heard of them yet...

BTW, it took a bit twiddling to the PluginInstaller to work under Vista (I don't know if its Vista issue or not). The oxe files need to reside inside under folder App/PluginInstaller/oxe (or similar, can't remember it exactly as I'm not in my studio right now). Running PluginInstaller.exe with the oxe as parameter didn't do anything but copying the files into the oxe folder seemed to do the trick (when running the remote application).

Thanks for any help!

-sampsa
astroman

Re: Installing fresh NOAH OS & plugs

Post by astroman »

texmex wrote:...What are the NoKeys oxe files exactly? Are they the devices that _require_ keys but do not have them, ...
exactly that - these are install files that will ask for keys during install.
Usually reading them from a file, the so-called 'allkeys' thing. (a collection of all your keys)
But the name doesn't matter nor does the filetype, it will read any textfile of any name if you point to it via the file selection dialog.

cheers, Tom
objective

Post by objective »

I've got into you situation recently and only keys from SonicCore helped. It turns that I have key Profit (I don't know if it is free now).
Please don't panic - SonicCore answered me in a matter of several day (2-3 business days).
NoKeys approach not helped for fresh OS installation (for my device, but I've heard that somebody done this successfully).
BTW, it took a bit twiddling to the PluginInstaller to work under Vista (I don't know if its Vista issue or not). The oxe files need to reside inside under folder App/PluginInstaller/oxe (or similar, can't remember it exactly as I'm not in my studio right now). Running PluginInstaller.exe with the oxe as parameter didn't do anything but copying the files into the oxe folder seemed to do the trick (when running the remote application).
The same approach I was using on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Nikita
texmex

Post by texmex »

Thanks guys for the heads up! S|C just replied and said that no support is given but they can generate keys for me, which a good thing!

But the OXE files, I'm missing those. S|C ftp site only has them for:
Noah#Profit_5_NoKeys.oxe 901.2 kB 2/6/08 10:04:00 AM
Noah_EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe 411.5 kB 2/6/08 10:04:00 AM
Noah_EX_NoKeys.oxe 6.3 MB 2/6/08 10:10:00 AM
Noah_NoKeys.oxe 6.3 MB 2/6/08 10:10:00 AM
Noah_Pro-One_NoKeys.oxe 387.5 kB 2/6/08 10:10:00 AM
Noah_Prodyssey_NoKeys.oxe 348.5 kB 2/6/08 10:10:00 AM
Noah_Six-String_NoKeys.oxe 187 B 2/6/08 10:10:00 AM
Noah_Vectron_NoKeys.oxe

That list is missing Minimax, B2003 and Pro-12. Or are Minimax and B2003 included in the Noah or Noah_Ex oxe's? Pro-12 is definitely not, so I'm asking if any of you has it somewhere in the digital drawer... :)
objective

Post by objective »

Minimax in is included in default OS snapshot.

I think Pro12 = Profit 5 - am I right?
texmex

Post by texmex »

objective wrote:Minimax in is included in default OS snapshot.

I think Pro12 = Profit 5 - am I right?
I got the allkeys back from Sonic Core and I'm not seeing Profit 5 in there in the list, only Pro12. So maybe you're right. Would that then mean that there are all the oxe files I would need at the ftp server?

I'll try to get everything up and running as I get back to studio.

Thanks!
objective

Post by objective »

Would that then mean that there are all the oxe files I would need at the ftp server?
Yes, exactly :)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Prophet 5 and pro 12 are the same devices