No device selection ??? (Midi/Audio)

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

The_Unknown

No device selection ??? (Midi/Audio)

Post by The_Unknown »

Hi,

I had to reinstall my old music pc still running on Win98SE. The Noah worked fine and in the past I could choose Noah Midi and Noah Audio without any problems.

During install Noah was found and the USB drivers were installed properly, now in hardware manager there is a tree where the Noah devices are shown (as general USB devices), but not under Audio Devices ? (I don´t know if they were listed there in the past)

If I look under Multimedia settings, the two devices also shown right as Midi / Audio device, but the problem ist that I could not choose them in any application software because they are not there...

What have I done wrong ? Any ideas ?

Thanx.
The_Unknown

Re: No device selection ??? (Midi/Audio)

Post by The_Unknown »

...oh no, for just making musik I connected the Noah to Midi, USB just for Editing and now there is the next stong behaviour !!! I remember it from the first days with Noah but I do not remember how I solved this problem, while playing the Notes it seems that the note off command is not recognized by the Noah so the sound hangs up...*grmph* ...Midi settings and thru mode are correct...very frustrating !!!!
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

...ok, Problem 2 is solved, one unit was sending active sensing permanently to a midi in (not shown on the interface), so it reaches the Noah too...
pigini

Post by pigini »

*BUMP* Has anyone a solution for that????

That problem no.1 is exactly the same problem I have on win98 se.
(Using win98 se might seem a bit odd in 2011, but I totally like using the old preaudio cubase on my old laptop which only works up to win98se).

I think there is an error in the win98 driver installation and the drivers don't get registered with their midi and audio classes or something like that. That happens with the usb drivers from the version 1.1 on the ftp.

I also tried the Noah 1.0 backup from http://fso.net16.net/noahsoft.html.
The drivers seem to be the same as in 1.1. But since it is only a backup, maybe the drivers were overwritten already or only registered correctly with the full install of version 1.0 or an even earlier version if that existed. I recall reading in another forum years ago, that the Noah drivers did work completely under win98.

Does anyone have an install of an old Noah version, older than 1.1 or does somebody know how to fix that win 98 driver install?
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

...Iam still using W98SE too, but sorry to say, never solved this problem :-(

But while using another main audio interface there was no need to digg deeper.

...can see if I have the old backup of V1.0 Cd...that suggestion I did not try...
pigini

Post by pigini »

Hi Unknown,

Good to see I'am not alone on win98. :)
I just found an entry in a german forum, where someone mentioned, the drivers did not work in winXP, but worked quite well in win98.
Was just going to sign up there and pm that user, when I realized, it was YOU!!!! :o ... and you only got it the wrong way around there, didn't you?
http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/vie ... hp?t=42935

But it must have worked in win98 with some version at one point. Maybe it would even work with the 1.1 and only the .inf-files need to be fixed with some additional entries for proper class registration. Unfortunately I don't know how. :-?
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

- entry
Cant open the page from here and dont really remember the post, but I think then it was wrong like you said. Under XP generally the drivers work, but there I had some other problems with the controll software (which I did not have at w98).
But its a long time I tweaked on the drivers-software-install, once running mostly and putting the digi out to a mixer (not PC soundcard), I only use the editor features.
...but I will still look if I found an older driver on my archive...