Version 1.1 compared to version 1.0

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

BobTheDog

Version 1.1 compared to version 1.0

Post by BobTheDog »

Hi Guys,

I have been having lots of problems with 1.1 so have reverted to 1.0.

Am I missing much by running the 1.0 version?

Cheers

Andy
sharc

Re: Version 1.1 compared to version 1.0

Post by sharc »

From the v1.1 readme.pdf:

Noah changes with v1.1 - Overview

In the following text, Noah Remote Software is referred to simply as "NRS".

- There is now an ASIO driver (Windows) which is capable of 2-channel playback and 6-channel record. (Recording through CoreAudio under MAC OS X is limited to 2 channels)

- There is a new Parameter Lock function which permits you to "freeze" the selections of various inputs and outputs independent of presets.

- Preset names now appear immediately in the Noah display upon selection in NRS.

- Assignment of multiple mixer outputs to a single mixer channel is now also possible in NRS. The corresponding input(s) are indicated by a point in the selection list.

- In the mixer, the analog input can now be switched to two mono channels, so that mono signals can be more conveniently controlled (guitar, microphone, etc.)

- The B-2003 rotor has a new "Distance" parameter.

- The acceleration behavior of the Performance Controllers can be adjusted separately per controller.

- The footswitch can now be used for preset switching.

- USB and MIDI can now be simultaneously set as MIDI In ports (all).

- General performance and loading-time optimizations for devices and graphics.

- The sizes of preset files have been reduced.

- The number of voices is now displayed via the Live Bar.

- NRS checks the Noah OS version upon startup.

- The Synchronizer has a new Delete function. Optional addin plug-ins can now be managed without problems.

- In the Noah menu ‘System -> Device’ there is a USBCom parameter [Windows, Mac/Linux] that determines which MIDI driver will be linked in during driver installation. Select Windows for all versions of Windows. Select Mac/Linux for MAC OS X.

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Noah Andy :( .

Hopefully we can help you get it sorted.
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

Hi,

Thanks very much for the info, looks like I should install 1.1 really.

I have now tried this twice with problems. Each time I have tried an installation over 1.0 and a new installation with 1.0 removed from the system.

If I install 1.1 over an existing 1.0 installation I get the problem with duplicates of the plugins. Also when I syncronise plugin presets to the Noah then from that point selecting presets on the hardware unit no longer works correctly. Selecting presets from the remote software works correctly.

If I delete the 1.0 installation and install 1.1 from scratch the Remote software is missing the AuxFX sections and also the pro one editor,

I have tried the 1.1 installation from the Creamware and Soncicore ftp sites.

I am at a loss really

Andy
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

Hi,

I downloaded the installation from http://www.mik-music.org/Noah/Noah_v1_1.zip and have now installed that over the existing 1.0 installation.

On startup of the remote software things look good, no duplicates are there.

After update of Noah hardware it also looks good, no duplicates.

I have also managed to save presets to the unit which work correctly.

So everything is working first time with this installation!

I have had a look at the differences between the sizes of the 1.1 installation from the creamware site and compared it to the one from above and there is a difference but only 4KB, who knows maybe it made a difference.

I am so glad this is working now as I must admit I like the sound of the Noah synths and interpole is very good.

Thanks for your interest.

Andy
sharc

Post by sharc »

Glad to hear you got it working Andy 8)

It's been a long time since I installed the Noah, but I can remember having a few teething troubles with it myself. Ever since then though it's been rock solid, so hopefully your Noah experience also will be plain sailing from here on in :)
texmex

Post by texmex »

BobTheDog wrote:Hi,
If I delete the 1.0 installation and install 1.1 from scratch the Remote software is missing the AuxFX sections and also the pro one editor,
I have this problem exactly. I don't have 1.0 at all, only 1.1 that came with the cdr last owner had made. If I install it, I'm missing AuxFX sections.

I'm pulling the 1.1 install from Creamware ftp site right now but it seems that I would need 1.0 installation too... is this so and if so, where could I get it? :)

Thanks!

-------------

Thanks to user tonton I was able to get it working again. He kindly uploaded NOAH 1.0 installation directory on top of which I installed NOAH 1.1 from creamware ftp site and it works! I only needed to remove all the duplicate modules with underscore in their name in directory Noah/IF/*

I will try to make a patch that people can use to apply on top of NOAH 1.1 installation because whole 1.0 is quite large to download. Hopefully Sonicscope would like to host that on their ftp site...
wayne

Post by wayne »

sharc wrote:
- The footswitch can now be used for preset switching.

Hey sharc, thanks! Never knew this had been implemented in the software - guess that's why they call a readme a readme... :)