Plugins listed twice in Noah Remote Software

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

BobTheDog

Plugins listed twice in Noah Remote Software

Post by BobTheDog »

Hi Guys,

I have updated to 1.1 and also updated the hardware which seems to have gone ok.

Now in the remote software I have all the plugins listed twice, one with spaces and one with underscores, for example:

PRO ONE
PRO_ONE

Which one should I be using?

Cheers

Andy
sharc

Re: Plugins listed twice in Noah Remote Software

Post by sharc »

Not seen that before :-?

Do they both work? Are there duplicates on the hardware as well? At this end I don't have the ones with the underscores, so I'd suggest using the ones with the spaces and remove the others.
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

HI,

Yep they both work.

DOn't seem to be duplicated on the hardware as far as I can see but I am no expert.

I will delete the underscored ones.

Thanks for the help

Andy
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

Well I have been having absolute nightmares with this Noah.

I am now in a state where I am trying to get back to version 1.0.

I uninstall the driver for 1.1, restart the computer, turn noah on and it asks for the driver location. I point it at the usb driver on the installation cd and it asks for a file "NoahProp.dll" which doesn't exist on the CD.

If I install 1.1 then the aux section and pro one doent work in the remote software, I'm going mad, I have now spent about 6 hours over the last couple of days trying to sort this out.

Ralf was helpfull and sent me the keys after I had knackered it up but I still havnt got a working Noah.

Rant over.

Andy
spacef

Post by spacef »

Normally, you should point to the drivers to the disk, and where NoahProp.dll actually is...

(drive.) \ Noah\Drivers\USB\NoahProp.dll

But it is normally not necessary to point to this file because you normally point to the drivers themselves:
cwusbaudio.inf
cwusbMidi.inf
cwusb.inf

Those drivers are installed one after the other automatically when installing Noah.

Sometimes, you may loose the usb drivers, but as far as i remember, that's when you plug noah on another usb port than the one it was previously installed on.

NB: if you don't have those files, then you must reinstall Noah (after a backup of your keys/presets etc). (yeah, because, i always found it easier to save preset on the computer rather than noah itself, but that's mainly because it is easier to backup for me)

I hope it helps.

NB2: the double entry thing is (if i remember) caused when using the synchronizer whereas it is not needed, I don't think it changes anything anyway to have the same key several times. What is important is that the devices are also activated on the Noah (load device, then press enter if i remember well , and this AFTER doing the synchronizer thing (well - i must say i haven't done this for years now, so my info need double check - please check again the activation procedure on Noah itlself)
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

Hi

Thanks for the help.

The problem was that NoahProp.dll doesn't exist on the 1.0 cd, it looks like it was introduced with 1.1.

Windows was getting in a tizzy for some reason when I was trying to revert the driver from 1.1 to 1.0.

I managed to sort it in the end by uninstalling all drivers for the Noah and then installing the 1.0.

I have now managed to get the 1.1 version installed and also I have purchased prodyssey which I am having great fun with.

Thanks once agin for the help

Andy