Noah EX installation & remote editor software needed

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

brugesboy

Noah EX installation & remote editor software needed

Post by brugesboy »

hello all

Can anyone help? My laptop hard drive has died so I am having to set up all my music gear on a new laptop. Unfortunately I recently moved house and simply cannot find the installation and editor software disc for my Noah EX. I do still have the allkeys and oxe files luckily.

Do any of you have a copy of the installation/driver/remote editor software you could send to me? Without it my Noah EX is just a sound module!
Ralf at SonicCore said he couldn't help because Noah is no longer supported ....

Would really appreciate the help - thanks in advance
wayne

Post by wayne »

I'll send it to ya - where to upload?
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

isn't it what you need?

ftp://creamware.com/Software/Noah/
brugesboy

Post by brugesboy »

Thanks guys and sorry for the delay, I was flying back from the US.

I run the set up application from the Creamware FTP site ... and nothing happens.

I fear that this may be because my new laptop is Windows Vista? The first time I ran it I got some osrt of message saying the program may not have installed correctly and giving me two choices (I) the software installed correctly (do nothgin) or (2) reinstall using recommended settings. Choosing either makes no difference.

The other thing to note is that I do have a Noah folder sitting on my desktop, recovered from my crashed hard disc. Perhaps I should delete that folder and rerun the setup program from the FTP location - but I suspect it won't work because there may be a Vista issue?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help
wayne

Post by wayne »

I would imagine Noah software to be non-vista, indeed.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

yep, maybe you can get away with the xp compatibility option? I don't have vista.. good luck

http://help.unc.edu/?id=6037
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

Ralf at SonicCore said he couldn't help because Noah is no longer supported ....

This is not what you want do hear in such a situation...(but sadly conditional comprehensible)

Perhaps it is recomned to mirror the Creamware FTP site before SC will take it Offline...

I can remember that I had similar Problems with the 1.1 Version from the FTP Site compared to the CD Version...because the file format is no packed into one file, there was something mystic about the fact that the server couldn´t store spaces (-> "_"). I could be wrong...its long time ago...
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

The_Unknown wrote:
I can remember that I had similar Problems with the 1.1 Version from the FTP Site compared to the CD Version...because the file format is no packed into one file, there was something mystic about the fact that the server couldn´t store spaces (-> "_"). I could be wrong...its long time ago...
It was indeed an exceptional bad idea to clutter the installer files all over the place on the server. A ZIP packge would have been the better solution here.
MiK

Post by MiK »

To have it complete:

http://www.mik-music.org/Noah/

This might disappear from time to time but i don't plan to give away my Noah and i'm looking into here from time to time, so it will be always around somewhere as long as no one from SC/CW tells me i need to put it offline.

By the way - i mirrored the whole CW ftp a while ago.

...Michael
The_Unknown

Post by The_Unknown »

Thanks a lot :-)
Danimalia

Post by Danimalia »

I've got Vista and the software works just fine on it, so it's not a compatability issue.
garyb

Post by garyb »

MiK wrote:To have it complete:

http://www.mik-music.org/Noah/

This might disappear from time to time but i don't plan to give away my Noah and i'm looking into here from time to time, so it will be always around somewhere as long as no one from SC/CW tells me i need to put it offline.

By the way - i mirrored the whole CW ftp a while ago.

...Michael
fantastic.
brugesboy

Post by brugesboy »

Thanks all of you .... I finally got my Noah up and running again, on a new (Vista) laptop. I'm afraid I can't enlighten as to what the problem was on the old laptop, but I really appreciated the files and the advice. Long live the Planet Z Noah forum!

Interesting to see that Use Audio Plugiator device ... I guess we won't see anything Noah-compatible come out of its development ...
cw_swede

Re: Noah EX installation & remote editor software needed

Post by cw_swede »

Anyone who can provide me with program version 1.0?
1.1 is on ftp but no 1.0 and as I remember 1.0 must be installed first to get everything to work.