Noah on OSX Leopart Intel - any success?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

MiK

Noah on OSX Leopart Intel - any success?

Post by MiK »

Hi,

i recently got my new Mac Pro and now have a problem with the NRS. The Noah works fine at least for providing its MIDI communication via USB (didn't test Audio, as i go out via ADAT).

But the NRS shows the Noah as offline. Looking at the process information, it is a Carbon PPC app and uses the IOUSBLib:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib

Did anyone get the NRS on an intel-Mac running? Especially on Leopard, but Tiger is also interesting, maybe it worked with Tiger and stopped working with Leopard.

...Michael
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Hi Michael,

NRS runs on my MacBook Core Duo / Leopard as it did on Tiger.

The only thing I noticed is that NRS sometimes shows the NOAH as "offline", but when I unplug/replug the USB cable (while the app is running) it works without a problem.

cheers,
kybernaut
MiK

Post by MiK »

Hi,

hm. no success. Just tried with first starting NRS, then Noah, nothing, then some unplug/plug tries. Also nothing.

Thought yesterday about some timing problem, maybe the app is using some delay loops or so, which makes the NRS fail on fast machines. Multiprocessing doesn't seem a general issue, as your Core Duo also works.

Damned. Why the hell did i want the Noah so much even when it was definititely obsolete? :)

Okay, have to live with it now. If i find out something new, i will report. At least it's good to know that it works with Tiger/intel in general, thanks for the info!

...Michael