Help: __Problems with the installation of Noah's pro-12

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

pinmusica

Help: __Problems with the installation of Noah's pro-12

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

I just bought a Pro-12 Noah actiavtion key, and applied it to the already installed prophit-5 (through the Noah sofware):

The resultant was that I got the prophit5 sounding but from around preset 40 all of them sound in mono + I cannot edit any parameter from the unit alone (no "control" parameters specified and no Edit options whatsoever)

Since the Noah unit, I bought it 2nd hand, aybe what it has installes is a demo version ??

If so and any of you recognize this issue, what do I have to do to make it work (i.e.: erase the hardware in Noah prophit5, and install another,...). If you coul also indicate how (I'm still pretty new with Noah), I would be endlessly gratefull :)

Thanks in advance
Pinmusica
pinmusica

Back again with the issue; Please Help

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

I'm back again with it.

Tried almost everything and wasn't able to solve it (+sended it to Germany also). Though apparently everything is fine, I still cannot access the Synthesis parameters for the Prophet-5, pro-12(as name in the www.creamware.com internet shop).. + I cannot access the control parameters (that are accessible in any other Noah plug in) from the Noah unit alone.

I do can access them from my computer, but I use the Noah as an alone synthesiser module, that is why I would like to find a solution for this.

If anybody came accross this sort of issue and also came accross a solution for it. Please tell me how to do it.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
Pinmusica
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

What did Sonic Core say?

(I don't have this plugin in Noah)
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

They run all t he tests and everything was fine.

Though we both tried several ideas, when I got the unit back I kept having the same issue.

The Mono channel issue, was pretty simple, just changing the balance. But editing the synthesis parameters never got available while I had my unit here.

So far I think I'll be able to override part of it by using the BCR2000 template for it that was prepared by a somebody in the forum (sorry if I do not remember the name, nevertheless I'm fully gratefull for that).

It is a 2nd hand unit, so maybe the previous owner gave it a hit, or tried to hack the unit into having the prophet5 for free, maybe not. Whatever it is, I guess I'll have to get accustomed to edit if from a BCR2000 unit (A bit messy mixing midi with the keyboard, and having the bcr2000 fully reflecting the presset parameters; I have to work this out to avoid sticked notes). Still, I'd rather edit the Noah unit.

Cheers
Pinmusica
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

pinmusica wrote:They run all t he tests and everything was fine.

So far I think I'll be able to override part of it by using the BCR2000 template for it that was prepared by a somebody in the forum (sorry if I do not remember the name, nevertheless I'm fully gratefull for that).

Pinmusica
I did :D

CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Cannot enter edit mode either on my NOAH Prophet 5 from the NOAH panel.
Never noticed it as I always use my BCR 2000 to edit the sounds !!!

Go for the BCR 2000 anyway as this tool is a smart and cheap one to associate to a NOAH unless you have a Pro12 ASB as a remote controller for the NOAH which would be even better !!!
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

HUROLURA wrote:Cannot enter edit mode either on my NOAH Prophet 5 from the NOAH panel.

!
pinmusica and HUROLURA:

I also have the same issue. It is a litle bug in the latest build of Profit-5 for NOAH. An earlier build is editable from the front panel but doesn't accept MIDI-CC's... So you can choose :-/

I wrote Ralf Bach about it (both when he still worked for CW and now that he works for SC)...

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to show any efforts to do anything about this :evil: A slap in the face for all paying customers ...

kybernaut_01
pinmusica

woh!

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

I though I was doing something wrong !

, they ask me to send the unit back there, to check/solve the issue and then I got it back, unsolved. I really though they had no idea about this before and they got it working over there..... I guess I'm still a bit naive... It actually cost me a lot sending it from here (Spain, where I live, to out of Spain parcel sending is pretty expensive over here 45-50€), I would have better appreciate it leting me know it was a bug rather than having me hours checking whether it was wrongly installed or not...

At least now I know what it is and the sound is great, though I would have appreciated them stating how it was for selling it, so one knows when buying.... thanks a lot kybernaut_01.

By the way, HUROLURA, not only this template is great, but also all the rest you've done :))))), thanks a thousand

Cheers!

PS: I guess I can now forget about the anoying subject.
pinmusica

woh!

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

, they ask me to send the unit back there, to check/solve the issue and then I got it back, unsolved. I really though they had no idea about this before and they got it working over there..... I guess I'm still a bit naive... It actually cost me a lot sending it from here (Spain, where I live, to out of Spain parcel sending is pretty expensive over here 45-50€), I would have better appreciate it leting me know it was a bug rather than having me hours checking whether it was wrongly installed or not...

At least now I know what it is and the sound is great, though I would have appreciated them stating how it was for selling it, so one knows when buying.... thanks a lot kybernaut_01.

By the way, HUROLURA, not only this template is great, but also all the rest you've done :))))), thanks a thousand

Cheers!

pinmusica

woh!

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

Cheers!

pinmusica

Ejem...

Post by pinmusica »

Sorry for the repetitions.... my browser got stuck somehow
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Hello SonicCore folks,

care to comment on this?

It would be interesting to know, how big of an issue it could be to fix the editability from the front panel??

Thank you!