Limitations of the Vectron beta?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

pop

Limitations of the Vectron beta?

Post by pop »

Hi

Wich are the limitations of the beta version of this synth? (if they exist)

thanks
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

The Midi CC map is not fully implemented (only a "subset").
Read about some crash while using it but it never happens to mee so far.
I must admit that I did not use it that much so far as I prefer to design sounds with the help my BCR2000. The partial CC map limited this possibility for me.
Until now I prefer working on the other BCR 2000 - handleable plug-in (Minimax, Profit-5, Pro-One, Prodyssey, B2003, Six-string).

The CC map limitation is less a limitation than what occurs with the EDS8I as this one as no CC mapping (though it would be cool to handle it this way).

On the contrary the Lightwave has a fully implemented CC mapping but the amount of controller needed (far more than the 56 continuous + 20 switch + 24 push-switch available with the BCR2000). I am just thinking about buying a second BCR2000 and chain them (to be able to also implement a full 16 step stepsequencer mapping) and see haow to proceed...

My 3 cents...

CheerZ
pop

Post by pop »

Thanks for the info Hurolura

I thought that the limitations would be relative to load your own waves and stuff like that... i haven't tried that yet because i had to dismount the Noah for a few months, so i haven't worked with the vectron too much.

regards
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

As already mentioned there may be other limitation as I also do not use it much so far...

This was only the point I checked ...

CheerZ
pop

Post by pop »

I wrote a post in this forum some months ago telling that i get these errors when i load the Vectron. Obviously, i still getting them:

Remote software shows this dialog boxes:

PepSProgram

Cannot read script file 'PepSProgram'

Cannot find DLL or script

Class 'PepSProgram' File''

any idea about what do they mean?

The synth seems to work fine. I tested almost all its functions today, except load or draw my own waveforms, and everything seem to be ok. I've got no crashes at all.

cheers
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

So the crash I heard about was on the remote software size ...
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

the vectron crashed my Noah 2 times while playing. no editor connected. Also Prophet5 demo crashed on me. Newest Pro5 never crashed for me but minimax did a few times.
Nebukadneser

Saving extracted waves

Post by Nebukadneser »

I am very interested in expanding the Vectron by adding my own waves for the oscillators. The wave extract works fine, it just took a while to figure out how to transfer the selections to the wave buffer. Double ckliking in the Wx window did the trick!

I have not managed to store the wave which is in the wave buffer. Having read through the Vectron Scope manual, it seems that some features for naming/storing waves on the Noah are missing - or is it just managed differently?

Could someone shed some light on this issue?

My next experiment will be to assign 2 Yamaha FC7 expression pedals for the x and y axis of the joystic - it will turn the machine into a truly expressive beast!

Neb