Pulsar 2 Vs Noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

djsainz

Pulsar 2 Vs Noah

Post by djsainz »

I own the Pulsar 2 but i am interested in getting a Noah, is it generally a external pulsar card, if so which would be the nearest comparison?

how much power has it got in comparison.

Thanks
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I wouldn't consider it as an external Scope board, it has some limited functionality as an audiocard, but as an expander of Creamware synth sounds it is very powerful. You don't have the Scope (Pulsar) routing capabilities and the audio transfers are limited throuigh the USB 1.1 protocol but it has an ADAT out and BNC in so you can well connect it as an external multi-instrument to your Scope system to add synth power. The EX version loads up to 4 CW synths, 2 insert fx overall plus Delay, Chorus and reverb as Aux sends. It also has audio inputs to process stuff, for the Vocoder etc...

Consider it as a multisynth with some unique features and it's absolutely great.
mjproc

Post by mjproc »

I purchased a scope ex not so long ago to have a kindof "mobile" scope. Yes it's limited in the routing department. I never use the usb for audio (nor midi)

I wanted noah for Minimax for the road!!! I got all the extra stuff as a bonus...

I totally recomend it!!! But it's not a scope card as we're used to. It does what it does + a few extra nice features (multi fx, adat outs, nice sounding synths etc)

Tip: Get a controller surface with many knobs, buttons......

The 2nd hand price for the Noah Ex is accepable too ;-)
wayne

Post by wayne »

I use my Noah Ex with a set of PK-5 pedals as a kind of Moog Taurus on steroids.

The box has this architecture -
  • Modules
    Mixer
    MIDI Manager
    Effects Aux FX Editor, Chorus, Delays, Reverb, Inserts
    Step Sequencer
    Arpeggiator
And 4 "slots" to load these devices (2 in non-ex):-
  • B-2003
    Minimax
    Sequential CircuitsTM Pro-One (optional)
    Prodyssey(optional)
    VectronPlayer
    Six-String (optional)
    Lightwave
    Vocodizer
    Interpole Filterbank
    Eds8i
It can't load SFP devices, like mod 3, 3rd party, etc. - only these Noah devices.

Stereo analog i/o + ADAT optical out around the back, usb for software editor.

I love it, its a little bit of Scope on the road, which is really quite a lot :)
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Drop me a line next time you play in Bergen!

Neb