People using Noah live

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

wayne

People using Noah live

Post by wayne »

Just wanted to rejig this topic - who's doing it? How's it going?

When i can get a set of midi organ pedals together i will take the Noah Ex out to gigs, serving the keys player (for b2003 and pads, mainly, alongside his e-piano) and myself.

I've been getting lovely sounds vocoding minimax with the tuba, but keys on left hand, tuba on right can be weird (can't see left hand for plumbing).

I've bought an octave of old hammond pedals on eebay for 20 bucks, they'll arrive sometime, and i'll get a cheap midi keyboard and maybe make a dodgy set for the time being ;)

Looking forward to being able to play two basses at once!

Anyway, any yarns about this are welcome :)
wayne

Post by wayne »

OK, 4 months down the track and i've settled on something good for a duo - Simon on vox, keys, some drums; me on Noah/PK-5A, tuba, trombone, Fender bass , vox.

On the Noah Ex -
  • Slot 1 - EDS8i/StepSeq
    Slot 2 - minimax bass (+ or - StepSeq)
    Slot 3 - Prodyssey /StepSeq for highhats/FX
    Slot 4 - Interpole, filtering EDS8i
On the pedals i use the low C as DrumSeq trigger, and the rest for Minimax basslines/sequences.

Then it's a matter of programming the tunes. Enjoying this immensely - had to share :)
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Is there some easy way to STOP step sequencer once it has been triggered? (being set to re-trig)

Or would it be better to use a pedal to keep the sequence going?
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Got any gigs happening over this side anytime Wayne?
Stuart.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Henrik wrote:Is there some easy way to STOP step sequencer once it has been triggered? (being set to re-trig)

Or would it be better to use a pedal to keep the sequence going?
I've been mainly holding a pedal down to sustain a sequence, however in hold mode you can leave it running, assign a knob to the hold button, and switch it off there.

I wish the footswitch jack worked!

- Stu - nothing planned as yet, still in band rebuild stage over here. Maybe in summer when Canberra's a bit warmer :D