Best contoll surface for NOAH Minimax, PRO-12 or Prodyssey

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

HUROLURA

Best contoll surface for NOAH Minimax, PRO-12 or Prodyssey

Post by HUROLURA »

Just something I noticed from the discussion about using ASB to control Klangboxes. By setting MINIMAX ASB to locall off, one could remote control the Minimax Klangbox.

The same could be done to control the NOAH plug-ins as the contol change tables seem to be hardly the same (I checked it quickly for MINIMAX and only to values differ: Pan mixer not available on ASB and external source selection which has no sense on ASB).

This would result in providing a smart way to make some sound design on a 4 part 3 notes polyphonic MINIMAX arrangement (with NOAH EX) still offering a 12-notes polyphonic instrument from the ASB DSP for another part.

OK, this just cost buying an ASB which is not that cheap for a control surface... and you need the different ASB units if you want to get this thing working for the different plugins.

Anybody 's doing that ?

CheerZ
Attachments
Minimax ASB to remote control NOAH EX.jpg
Minimax ASB to remote control NOAH EX.jpg (75.76 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
sharc

Post by sharc »

Think a minimax controller would sell really well, both to Noah users and Klangbox users also (nice upgrade option). Especially if the price was about 400 dollars less than the ASB. OK make that $300 less and add a 2 or 3-octave keyboard...Nice :)
breitner

Re: Best contoll surface for NOAH Minimax, PRO-12 or Prodyss

Post by breitner »

HUROLURA wrote:Just something I noticed from the discussion about using ASB to control Klangboxes. By setting MINIMAX ASB to locall off, one could remote control the Minimax Klangbox.

The same could be done to control the NOAH plug-ins as the contol change tables seem to be hardly the same (I checked it quickly for MINIMAX and only to values differ: Pan mixer not available on ASB and external source selection which has no sense on ASB).

This would result in providing a smart way to make some sound design on a 4 part 3 notes polyphonic MINIMAX arrangement (with NOAH EX) still offering a 12-notes polyphonic instrument from the ASB DSP for another part.

OK, this just cost buying an ASB which is not that cheap for a control surface... and you need the different ASB units if you want to get this thing working for the different plugins.

Anybody 's doing that ?

CheerZ
Looks very nice (and expensive).
I am a perfectly satiesfied user of a less sexy, but very functional interface: the BCR2000. Just load the templates from this forum, and use the advantage of this controller: every time you change your program, all the new settings are visible immediately!
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I do already have a BCR 2000 controller and provided templates for a few of noah synths (Pro-one, Prodyssey, Minimax, Prophit-5...) on this forum (see presets).
It was just an idea for people having both NOAH unit and money...

... or for people thinking about buying a BCR2000 + Klangbox (440 + 125 € = 565 €) setup complimentary to a NOAH, the MINIMAX (799 €) or the PRO-12 (899 €) could be an alternative solution (234/334 € for a more dedicated kind of controller which could mainly be used for controlling PRO-ONE and Profit 5).

By the way, I only succeed so far to implement templates for analog revival plug-ins (Pro-one, Prodyssey, Minimax, Prophit-5...).From the first analysis I already made, this would be also possible for B2003, EDS8I or 6-strings but would be much more complicated for LightWave or Vectron because of the number of parameter to handle as one BCR 2000 template can "only" handle 48 continuous control message (I thought about building up a dual BCR2000 steup for that purpose but did not step forward so far).

:wink:
CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Just for reminding what would only have been possible a few years ago:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... ht=midimax

just have a look about that topic about the MIDIMAX which was a kind of MINIMAX dedicated controller sold for the price of the current Minimax ASB (without the DSP...).
HUROLURA

Re: Best contoll surface for NOAH Minimax, PRO-12 or Prodyssey

Post by HUROLURA »

More than 2 years after the initial idea, I finally decided to do it this way:
The way I finally did it :)
The way I finally did it :)
using system 1200 to remote control noah ex.jpg (260.16 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
Meanwhile, a Plugiator provided 1 extra instrument... and I finally decided between the MINIMAX and the PRO12 by choosing both !!!

I really feel my dual BCR 2000 + X-station setup is great for remote controlling the NOAH/Plugiator/Scope plugs and other hardware synths but the ASB control surfaces are far more straighforward !!!

CheerZ