Installing NOAH

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

arela

Post by arela »

hmmm hmm i just ask for a friend.
No, i installed NOAH on a new pc, no problems.
Act like it was ment to, but i wanted the EDS8i to.
I got the oxe file, but how do i install it,
i looked in the manual, but i can't find some hints, and it is 18 months since i last installed this on another PC.
so advice wanted!!!

Another thing, the noah >settings> registry
is emty, only hardware sn.
Spooky - a hidden shortcut?
All this is ok on my scope pc, where the noah has been connected before.

Something is telling me, i should write down every step, ......
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's almost a year since we last installed our Noah here, but I know EDS 8i is working fine for us. We're running OS version 1.3.24 (2003-7-14)

I remember us having a problem with EDS 8i at first, but can't remember now what the cause was. The only thing I can think at the moment, is that we rolled back from OS 1.4.23 (2003-10-16) to 1.3.24 & all is now working well.

Also, although Noah is working great for us, I have noticed the absence of anything (not even a SN) in our registry .. strange !!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Just rememberred that you need to drop the EDS8i file onto the Noah plugin installer. Maybe that'll jog your memory a little :smile:

Location for us is >>
C:NoahAppBinPluginInstaller

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2006-03-31 09:03 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You'll then need to synchronize Noah before Eds 8i will work.
arela

Post by arela »

thank a lot, i keep you updated!

my noah was a DEMO, might be why i can use it without key's - i found a email from creamware support, seems to be second time i have had this problems! :smile:

memory, is that a kind of fog?
Laandodeman

Post by Laandodeman »

A little bit off topic, but I was wondering what you can do with EDS8i. I have it on my NOAH, but I only have a few drums sounds, which are very much alike and not really usable. Am I doing something wrong?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's not supposed to be an all-in-one tool. IE it's designed to be 'one' of your drum tools & used in combination with other drum sources of your choice (samples, a 909, whatever you like). It's best described as a virtual analogue percussion module & it's a good one in a powerfull enviroment at that. I don't know what it was moddelled on, but it has shades of the Vermona/TBS DRM-1 sound (a real analogue 8-part drum/percussion module with lots of knobs for those who don't know) The EDS 8i could probably also be likened to much loved classic drum module offerings by the likes of Simmons or Tama.

In use on the Noah there are many ways to spice up it's sound if you want, such as filtering thru Interpole, mountains of weird rythmic possibilities when used with Vocodizer, FX like reverb, distortion or bit reduction etc etc . I think the only limitation really is imagination. Dedicating some serious time to it is what we need to do here.
arela

Post by arela »

Back to square 1
I installed noah software from start V.1)from cd, but same result:
Emty register, and no way to "open" oxe files.
But noah work well - so no big deal!

The intallation on my DAW is ok, so do you think it could be possible to copy this directory? guess not - but hope!

On the other hand, Noah act nice as soundcard too, 2 asio out and 6 in - perfect.
Using Noah with Cubase on a AMD x2 is great.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

If you have any missing plugins just drag & drop the OXE for each one ONTO the pluginInstaller file as I described above. It's not particularly clear that this needs to be done, but once you try it everything clicks into place :smile:

Just remember to syncronize Noah afterwards or a newly installed OXE won't actually find it's way to your Noah.
arela

Post by arela »

nothing happens when draging and droping the oxe files.
But there is a lot of files missing

Files and sizes on pc1 (install is ok - and the new pc)
...............on pc1...........on new pc
noahapp.......1100/17,8Mb......1090/23,8Mb
noahappbin...51/7,75Mb........39/7,15Mb
noahnoahif...438/9,1Mb........426/8,57Mb
noahnoahos...866/24,6.........428/10,1Mb

It must be some fault in this directories i think.
I think i must uninstall everything and give it one more try.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I can't quite remember how the pluginInstaller worked, but I think it's just a custom extraction tool. In order for the new plugin to be recognised on booting Noah remote software you'll need to have dropped the OXE onto the file "PluginInstaller". Again though, when you get that far, syncronizing Noah will be essential. It really is ages since we installed our Noah here, so If anyone notices that I'm missing out relevant steps please chime in.
arela

Post by arela »

Thanks anyway
I just installed for the 4. time :sad:
Same result, no entrys in the register,
and it seems like the PlugginInstaller stops when i drag in "Serialnr_Noah_EX.oxe".

I did a clean install (again), but the cd stoppet with some wrong driver, so...
Installing from v1.1 is ok, but it never ask for the allkeys file - i don't understand!

Enough is enough, i wouldn't mess with this anymore, aslong as it works.

The Noah_EDS8i_nokeys.oxe seems to install, but dissapear after a short moment.
I can live without it, but it is a little annoying.

(in the letter from Creamware july 2004, they mention a file called "#NoahKeys.oxe"
I can't find it now, and i don't remember if this was a file i had back then.)

It's a great machine :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Aaw, you can't do without EDS 8i in there, trust me :smile: Synth & Drums into Vocodizer
= BLISS

I'll dig a bit deeper later & see what I can come up with. We've got 2 other systems here that I can try installing it on to find some answers. I'll put a newer version of the OS we're using on our webspace later & a link to it here for you.
arela

Post by arela »

could it be something with nForce4 and x2 Athlon - strange when it "sings" fine.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Not sure. I've got no direct experience with an Nforce4 system. All I can do really is go thru the install procedure here on an NF2 rig to make sure I've not missed a crucial point or 3 & give you the Noah OS versions we have here.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Read the installation notes in this PDF doc if you haven't already.
<a href="ftp://ftp.cwaudio.de/Software/Noah/Noah ... stallation Readme</a>
Haven't tried installing the Noah on another machine yet & we don't seem to have a driver which you wouldn't have yourself. It's a little confusing on that front, as there are conflicting references as to which OS version is actually installed.
arela

Post by arela »

hi Shroomz - thanks so far
Good news:
I have eds8i working
I have register ok
Bad news:
Syncronizer don't work

so there is somthing strange still, but i have played noah for several hours now
---- i'm a happy lad ---

I was using the PDF doc from v1.0 - a little different, but i might have help to use the newer one :smile:

i have to addmit, i had to cheat a little :smile:

This is a rare combi, but here it is:
- Noah with 2 asio out and 6 in
- Soundblaster usb for wavedrivers to noah analog in
- all bips and other sounds goes through noah
- a lot of ressurces free for vst/vsti's
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Sorry about the 'bad news' as you'll need the syncronizer at some point. The workarounds sound excessive, but if it works, it works :smile:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I just bought my NOAH at the beginning of this year and had some troubles to get the Prodyssey and EDS8I work.

At first, I just used the plugin installer as you did. This insatlled everything quite good on the NOAH remote software on the PC. Registration keys were also generated from creamware website... everything seemed to be OK but synchronizer did not do anything.

Asked for help about that from creamware but did not get any answer except for the creamware website mypage account which allows me to generate my activation keys.

I finally succeed to transfer the files to the hardware NOAH by updating files by hand and using some dangerous trick (using the update device from the settings menu but I would advice you not to try such methods unless you really know what you are doing as this could mess up everything on your unit). I would rather advice you to keep on asking for help from creamware...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FRA59-HELP on 2006-04-13 14:20 ]</font>
arela

Post by arela »

So now syncronizer work?
hmmm
I'll wait and see, now eveything exept syncornizer works, so .....