CRASH: Noah and Cubase dongle

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

AAAAAhh - didn't expect this!

Just installed the Cubase SE3 sequencer which requires a USB dongle. Never used a dongle before. (No problems activating the dongle online, so that is not the issue.) Now that SE3, Scope and Noah remote run, my computer freezes.

SE3 and Scope runs smoothly, but once I start NOAH remote, which communicates with NOAH via USB, full Stop occurs. Also, Cubase SE2, which does not require USB dongle, works fine with both Scope and NOAH remote running.

It definately is a USB conflict that crashes my system. Has anyone encountered similar issues on other Steinberg products that requires dongle? Is there an easy solution?

My USB 1.1 / 2.0 / Firewire ports are on a dedicated PCI card that I bought recently - no problems, all works fine, until now...

Neb
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Neb, try re-installing the Noah software. We've had similar problems before which were solved by using a different install order.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Is there an easy solution?

Neb
yes it is but its illegal so i couldnt recommend it.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hey Piddi, Neb wouldn't be breaking the law if he used a cr**ked version of Cub*se to resolve his problem. He is a registered user with a USB dongle, so he can probably run any cr**k of cub' he likes (up to & including the version he has)& not have to worry.

Let us know how get on Neb
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

I swapped the usb plugs, and it worked fine until I shut down my system. I made a multi setup that works fine, running 3 synths simultaniously, adding VST plugs.

The system froze when I closed down Cubase first - now I will have to try to close Noah remote first.

What worries me more, is the fact that Noah remote for OSX is no longer available on the CW website. I work on pc at home, but I will be using a Power book for the next few weeks on journey.

Neb
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

just to remind you that using a legal version of cubase with the dongle and a cracked version together are highly unrecommended as both use synsoacc.dll which authorizes cubase.so start off by uninstalling both the uncracked and cracked versions and reinstalling the right one.any other questions go onto the cubase forum at
http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/
and maybe.
http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/Suppo ... 05_eu.html
P.S the dongle on cubase se3 sl3 or sx3 will all run legitimately on se,se2,sl,sl2 an sx sx2 without the need for the crack synsoacc.dll in your windows system 32 directory.Oh and by the way don't update your anti-virus either because both xskey.dll crack for logic and synsoacc.dll crack for cubase both show up as suspicious objects.So now you know what you've got to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: H-Rave on 2006-02-17 04:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: H-Rave on 2006-02-17 04:12 ]</font>