It's a steal: just purchased a new Noah EX for 580 euro

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

breitner

Post by breitner »

http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.html ... GRIFF=noah
astroman

Post by astroman »

interesting - did you order the version with SixString ?
Now they have Prodyssey listed instead, but obviously still available. Can't make up my mind if NOAH or the Restore pack, but the price is a steal of course, congrats :grin:

cheers, Tom
breitner

Post by breitner »

On 2005-12-06 15:58, astroman wrote:
interesting - did you order the version with SixString ?
Now they have Prodyssey listed instead, but obviously still available. Can't make up my mind if NOAH or the Restore pack, but the price is a steal of course, congrats :grin:

cheers, Tom
Thanks, Yes Tom, sixstring is included, Prodyssey as well. I still have to download that one though, generating the download on the cw website doesn't work currently.

BTW for those interested, the number of the unit is 32-111, after registering the cwwebsite indicates a production date of nov 2005, which does not seem real.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2005-12-07 11:32, breitner wrote:
Prodyssey as well. I still have to download that one though, generating the download on the cw website doesn't work currently.
This doesn't work for ages now... Email your Hardware serial to rb@creamware.de and ask for the activation key...

Have fun with the Noah, it's a great instrument!
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

On 2005-12-06 12:02,
Without really thinking of the Noah anymore, I found this price at Thomann two days ago. It took one day to decide myself. So I ordered mine yesterday and received confirmation.

Meanwhile the Noah disappeared from the Thomann site. So I guess I must have had the LAST one. :smile:

All I have been reading since is even better than I thought. I am REALLY looking forward to spend time with that baby!!!
breitner

Post by breitner »

On 2005-12-10 13:14, AzureFeast wrote:
On 2005-12-06 12:02,
Without really thinking of the Noah anymore, I found this price at Thomann two days ago. It took one day to decide myself. So I ordered mine yesterday and received confirmation.

Meanwhile the Noah disappeared from the Thomann site. So I guess I must have had the LAST one. :smile:

All I have been reading since is even better than I thought. I am REALLY looking forward to spend time with that baby!!!
Yes its gone allright, well my system is up and fully functioning, Odyssey included. I love the machine. Suggest that CW relaunch it when they are in better shape. The concept is great, not only the synthesizers, also the inputs and effects!
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

Yes, the Noah arrived today. I hope to have the opportunity to try it soon.

I will let you know my first impressions,
Marc.
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

I installed the Noah yesterday with only a minimum of problem (I have a quite old Windows 98 SE version that needed some help to install everything). Both the engine and the software are working smoothly.

The Minimax sounds more "organic" than any other synth I have been using recently (SuperNova, Virus KC, DSI Evolver). Which such a great filter I suspect Interpole could be interesting to use too. Some great pads were coming out of the Lightwave too.

Vectron player is really simplistic. How much value is there in the full blown Vectron ?

I hope there is still some live in this forum. It makes owning a synth so much more pleasurable...

Regards,
Marc.

http://www.AzureFeast.com
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Get the full Vectron (beta) from Creamware's FTP site. It's an excellent synth. Utterly incredible infact :wink:
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

Yes, I have seen your comments about this. I have been exploring the FTP site. I can download a number of files but not the modules seem to be password protected now.

Marc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureFeast on 2005-12-15 10:41 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Does a bear shit in the woods ? :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-12-15 11:20 ]</font>
Helium 3

Post by Helium 3 »

It seems that Thomann put that offer from their website but had 1 or 2 still in stock. I call them last week and got really the last one (but there is always the chance to get one after a retour)... anyway... i got my 2 day ago ....

The installation was very easy, the sound is superb... The Midi-Settings are not very easy, because there are no probs with a connection from my keyboard directly to Noah, but it doesn't work after putting my Tascam Audio/Midi-Interface between. Maybe it's a faillure, but i think it did a mistake at the settings. I'll search for it..

After playing 1 hour Noah made some restarts ... sometimes after changing the presets, after receiving some midi-notes and sometimes without doing anything. And now i got the message "Loading Performance ... failed" after i turn it on ;((

Although my Noah EX is a final version, Six-String is included, not Prodyssey. Little bit strange if you read their webside.

So i've some mixed feelings about Noah, but maybe it's only a bumpy beginning....

Let's wait for a reply from CW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helium 3 on 2006-01-01 05:43 ]</font>
sharc

Post by sharc »

On 2006-01-01 05:42, Helium 3 wrote:
Although my Noah EX is a final version, Six-String is included, not Prodyssey. Little bit strange if you read their webside.
Yes, Prodyssey doesn't come on the CD but can be downloaded from their ftp site:

ftp://cwaudio.de/Software/Noah/

When you register your Noah hardware with Creamware either via the website or by email they will give you a set of keys for your Noah EX which should include the Prodyssey. You'll be able to view the keys under 'my page -> activation keys' on the website. If not you'll probably have to wait to receive the keys by email when CW gets back to you.
Helium 3

Post by Helium 3 »

thank you.
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

Yes, don't give up.

I have mine since a few weeks and it is a gold mine of a synth. Sounds are great and it is really a fantastic toolbox. The only thing which does not seem to work on mine is to send midi notes/triggers from the Arpeggio. Does someone know if it can work ?

Marc.
breitner

Post by breitner »

On 2006-01-02 16:31, AzureFeast wrote:
Yes, don't give up.

I have mine since a few weeks and it is a gold mine of a synth. Sounds are great and it is really a fantastic toolbox. The only thing which does not seem to work on mine is to send midi notes/triggers from the Arpeggio. Does someone know if it can work ?

Marc.
Marc, in the Noah remote software, it is both pressing the run button and the button next to the slot number. If you already did that it could be midi connection connection related, but then you have to be more specific.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: breitner on 2006-01-03 04:56 ]</font>
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

...it could be midi connection connection related, but then you have to be more specific.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: breitner on 2006-01-03 04:56 ]</font>

I don't have a problem to have the arpeggiator playing an internal voice. What I cannot achieve is to send the notes through MIDI to capture them in a sequencer. (Trig out = On on the MIDI Manager page)
It works with the sequencer but not with the Arpeggiator. (And it should work for both according to the manual...)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Just confirmed that bug Marc. I tried all sorts & couldn't get it working. We normally use the USB connection for the midi side, but after not being able to get midi from the arpegios I got a midi lead & tested the midi out port as well (just to make sure) ... still didn't work :sad:

In fact, somehow the arpegios seem to be pretty damn inconsistant in their behaviour.

Maybe one of us should email Creamware & ask if there are known bugs with the Noah's Arpegiators?? Erm.. .in fact, it would be prudent to just ask them for a list of all known Noah bugs, then we'll have a clearer picture of the beast.

Still sounds great :smile:
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

Thanks for trying. I will start a new thread for exchanging advanced arpeggiation tricks... I just experimented something great.
Helium 3

Post by Helium 3 »

I send my Noah EX back to Thomann, hope they are able to repair it (or let it repair by CW) or send me another one in return if it's possible. Even in that short period i was able to see the quality of this instrument and i wouldn't be happy if i'll get only my money back.

I'm wondering that i still have no reply from Creamware about this problems. Thomann replied 10 Minutes (!!!) after i send them a mail about my Noah.

ATB, H3