Profit5?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

sharc

Post by sharc »

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting fed up waiting for this. Before now it seemed logical to hold back it's release until after the ASB release. Then CW changed the ASB to the 'pro-12'. Now with the Scope 4.5 upgrade the Pro-12 is available as part of the package (synth&sampler pack). Surely this will have more of an effect on ASB sales than giving us Noah users the Profit-5 we've been waiting so patiently for. What's going on here?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

What's going on is Chaos :grin:

left or right, right or left, up or down, down or up ... you get the jist :grin: ... mayhem
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Hey, it's coming!

Please check ftp.cwaudio.de
The files and manual are recently uploaded to the Noah folder.

Neb
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

... COOL !!

.. can't wait :smile:
sharc

Post by sharc »

Excellent !!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

for your own & all your loving families sakes, please do not hold your breath ... !!
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Got tired of wating, so I bought a Yamaha AN1x seconhand. It is very much of a P5 clone, and it sounds ridiculously PHAT!!!

Great controller keyboard for Noah / Scope, by the way! Ribbon controller ...

Neb
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

yep, AN1X is very PHAT as you say :smile:

I love this synth, got last month for a ridiculous 200€ :smile:
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

I think I paid EUR 280, still not bad. I have downloaded all patches from the Yahoo An1x userforum. Marcus, do you know of other sites with An1x patches by any chance?

neb
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

I use my CS6X keyboard as controller for Noah and I bought AN1X plugin-card PLG-150AN for it because Profit5/12 isn't there for Noah yet. Some nice sounds can be made although presets are pretty lousy IMHO.
It can be found for 60-80£ on Ebay.
Biggest reason for me to also buy Profit5 would be that all parameters can be controlled through CC# which I intend to put on my Behringer BCR2000. PLG150AN needs big SYSEX data to set all parameters. Only a few can be controlled through CC#.
In reality this means that I have to edit all sounds on the pc.
I would really prefer Noah Profit5/12 so I can make Mixing/Effects/Key-layout etc. inside Noah itself.
AzureFeast

Post by AzureFeast »

That's interesting. I was thinking of buying a second hand CS6x (with the AN1x expansion card) as master keyboard. Some of the things that seem attractive is the possibility to split/layer and send over different MIDI channels. And the possibility to have an arpeggio send over a distinct MIDI channel too.

I would rather have a SuperNova II as Master keyboard (for the fantastic user programmable arpeggios). But they seem very hard to find and that would probably cost 3x as much.

Any additional feedback on the use of a CS6x as Master keyboard ??

Marc