Profit 5

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

hi
does anyone here own the Profit 5 for SPF?

I'm excited about new Noah instruments, but i'm wondering if the P5 worthes the bucks, especially if you already got all the other instruments.

I mean, does it sound so different to the ProTone? Or are we talking about very subtle nuances?

And... When will it be finally released for Noah? CW's supposed to release 2 more Noah synths (including this one)...
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I have it for SFP, and yes it sounds different from Pro(T)One. I think It's the best synth CWA has ever made. I love all of the big players, but if I want to find some sound outside of the modular and flexor, istinctively my choice goes to it. You can feel incredible power and detail, very pleasant.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

I think it's the best sounding synth yet for Creamware platforms. Very clear and detailed sounding - I find the pro-one sounds a bit brash in comparison. Responds very nicely to playing too - try Octave Saws on a weighted keyboard and instantly - "cold as a razor blade, tight as a tourniquet, dry as a funeral drum". Not sure whether I'm buying it for the Noah - a lot of detail can get lost in a live setting - but it sounds great for studio recording.
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

well, looks interesting!
Since i don't have any CW DSP except my Noah, i'm waiting for a Noah version.
i've read somewhere there's no demo for the Noah, because of some technical reason...Is that true?

thanx 4 your inputs

btw i'm a brand new CW user, buyed my Noah EX last friday. and wow i like it!
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

I am waiting for it quite a long time. Allways when i speak to CWA directly, they tell that it will "soon" until they release the NOAH-Version.
It would be a nice present for xmas, but i am not sure anymore if it will happens.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Maybe it's a marketing decision to delay Profit for NOAH until the Profit ASB is out? In the hope that live people get the ASB instead...

Last time I talked to CWA people (on Musikmesse) they said it is ready except some UI issues...

Can anyone from CWA please comment?
valis

Post by valis »

More likely they're just focusing resources on the ASB boxes since they would like to see that become a profit center. Since they'll be shipping in the next month or so perhaps they'll get back to work on the Noah version after?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Lets hope so.
<br>
I would imagine that most Noah users are feeling like us...a bit dissapointed at CWA.
<br>
Dissapointed that the Prophet5 for Noah has been a carrot dangling in front of us for WAY TOO LONG.
<br>
Then there's the Vectron 'player'(LOL), which doesn't fecking play Vectron presets..........
<br>
..................& the point of that CWA ??
<br>
Is a Vectron preset converter like the one Waldorf made for Rack Attack presets on the horizon to solve this rediculous problem???
<br>
I would imagine that Creamware have sold a stack of NoahEX's since they brought the price down, so lets hope they don't dissapoint their large user group.
<br>
Fingers crossed, anyway :smile:
wayne

Post by wayne »

It's a difficult situation for everyone (us Noah owners & CW).

At the discount pricepoint (how i picked one up, traded in for the p1 in my studio setup) i think the Noah is wonderful value.

It would be great if the promise of a few new synths became fruitful - i have a feeling we won't be forgotten [pleading,hopeful smilie].

Still, for me it's amazing that i can use my studio CW sounds live - the Noah broadens the palette in a big way.
Inputs, outputs(+A16 :smile:
wayne

Post by wayne »

Gotta admit, the whole vectron thing is pretty silly, tho - they might as well have not developed that for the Noah...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

<br>
Thats what we were thinking :lol:
synthetic

Post by synthetic »

Yes, I own Profit5...I also have ProTone, Prodyssey and Minimax. In my opion I think Profit5 sound more like a brassynth than a fat analog synth.
My rate:
1. Prodyssey, can do everything
2. ProTone, fat basses
3. Minimax, well..a mini
4. Profit5, brassy
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

On 2005-07-06 00:20, synthetic wrote:
1. Prodyssey, can do everything
2. ProTone, fat basses
3. Minimax, well..a mini
4. Profit5, brassy
<br>
well, we're all entitled to our opinions synthetic, so here's what i think of your summary (listed like replies) >>>

1. Prodyssey is Very nice, but *can*not* do 'everything', not by a long shot. Sounds like the sort of comment certain Odyssey owners would come away with.
<br>
2. ProTone (or 'Pro-One if you're lucky :smile: )
'Fat basses' mmmmm an interestingly selective use of descriptiveness. I.e. It does a LOT more than just 'fat basses'.
<br>
3. Well, it's a clone, not a real mini but fair enough :smile:
<br>
4. 'Profit5, brassy' . Mmmm again very interesting. Prophet5's can spit out a *huge*
array of sounds & the ability to create 'brassy' tones is one but many of it's attributes. It has the ability to sound much better than the Odyssey or Minimoog, similar to the Pro-one & better than any of the 3 mono synths, in my opinion.
<br>
Had to be said :grin: