Noah - Modular Version - What do you think?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

powerpulsarian

Post by powerpulsarian »

Posted this in another discussion and just thought I would bring up here since it is more appropiate in this section...

What if Creamware released a special version of the Noah that just focused on the Modular, and bundled it with Flexor? That would be sure to get some attention!

To keep the price down as much as possible, they should just include the Modular + Flexor and nothing else.

That would give the G2 a run for its money.

It would be a special version just for those interested in modular synthesis.

I also think it would be a good idea for Creamware to consider releasing a "bare-bones" Noah that only includes one or two synths (e.g., Minimax). This way they can lower the price and encourage a wider audience to give it a try. Once they get them hooked, they will start to buy the optional plugins.

I really think this would be a better strategy since it would get more Noah synths out there in use and get the work spreading.
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

It would be nice if they port the Modular to Noah. Yes!
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

It would be very nice to have different OS's for noah, so it can be transformed in different things. I would love it as a huge modular synth...oh yes!
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

This conversation pops up every now and then. Somebody tried to explain, that putting Modular to NOAH is impossible with current HW. I don't know is this final fact, but... was it John Bowen or so who said that. I think he knows what to say.

But, Okay, I'd love to have Mod+Flexor on NOAH, and also the current plugins.
AND ALSO a sampler (with enough sample RAM) and CD-ROM drive. And a keyboard version. Give me these, and it'll be my only live instrument. Or maybe two of them.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I think that the problem is related to its basic software, and not the hardware.
Noah has a sort of semi-dynamic dsp allocation of polyphony, as If you load a Single synth, it occupies all available slots and has double or quadruple (ex) polyphony compared to loading it with other istances.

I was thinking of a brand new OS that uses the hardware in a different way. Different OS's for different tasks. Just an hypothesis, I'm not an engineer, but seems a......logical dream!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfonso on 2004-04-08 11:21 ]</font>
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

stefanh

Post by stefanh »

I believe that, if there will be a Noah-Modular, it only make sense to run in single mode. But why do we need diffrent OS's then? I don't understand.