How many plugins one can load into NOAH?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

spoimala

Post by spoimala »

I know the "slots-architecture" but I didn't find info, how many plugs I can load into NOAH at once?
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Well, you can load one instrument per slot.
But there are also some insert-slots for efx.

First this sounds not very spectacular, but the workaround is very nice and flexible.

Don't do the mistake and see Noah as an boxed Pulsar (SFP), compare it more to an NordLead (also for slots) or Chameleon (one slot).

For me, NOAH is a very flexible Synth!

Ahh, four instruments are only available on the EX version, smaller version got only two!
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

That was exactly the information I already knew :wink:
I mean, if NOAH comes with Minimax, Vectron Player, B-2003 and Pro-One, are there still space to load, say, Prodyssey without deleting some of the existing plugs?

I know, I can use at most 4 at the time (with EX), but how many plugs the NOAH can hold in its memory for spare?

Oh, why not to think NOAH as boxed Pulsar?
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Ahhh, now i understood.
I 'm not in front of my noah, but there are allready more devices inside the memory, like sixstring, vocoder, lightwave, in my case also the prodessey. Also all EFX are hold by the memory. And there is still enough free memory available for new devices. (sorry, have to look how much, but i remember something like 10mb or so). But in my case, i plugged allready a 256MB CF-Card into the frontslot, where i allready backuped the devices and presets. And it is no problem to load devices from this cf-card! So, what we need are more devices!

I said, don't compare Noah to SFP, because in this case SFP is more flexible. If you use Pulsar mostly for synth, then u can compare it, but in Noah u only have two inserts per slor! In SFP it could be endless. Also the routing is completly free with sfp, and sfp is also a recording station.
You can use the Audio engine of noah, but there are only two inputs.
So, that's why i said, noah is more a Synth/EFX-Box for me.
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Stefanh:

Can you help me out? - I'm having trouble getting my Prodyssey installed into my Noah. I updated the OS and NRS, and then tried to install it - without luck. Any suggestions?
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Hi,
you have to use the synchronizer!
If prodessey is installed in the correct directory on your PC/Mac, it will show up inside the device-list of the synchronizer.
Then you have to mark this device for an upload (see handbook) and push synchronize...
(i think you also have to authorize the device, like in SFP). Don't forget to synchronize also the presets.
Sorry for answering not deep enough, again i am sitting in the office instead infront of my Noah :wink:
Stefan
gustav

Post by gustav »

hello

Can i ask you another question :

I have some trouble on how to proceed to get my new multi presets in the noah memory and on the PC.

I tried to work only on the PC, creating a new preset and then synchronizing
but then on the noah side I can't see this new preset. So if you know what is the best way to do it, tell me please !

And another question :
I was working last week on some demos for the cwa demos and I was using the controlfonction of the noah to control via the 4 endlessbuttons some parameters
The probleme was that after turning off the controlfonction, it seems to be impossible to come back to the defauklt values of the preset - I had to turn off the noah ?!
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Thanks Stefanh:

Your suggestions worked great! (once I updated to the latest Noah software) Now the Prodyssey is working fine - and it sounds very nice. Thanks for the help.