Noah patches wanted

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Who has some tasty Noah patches they would like to share? Or if they're really good, sell?

Are there any SFP owners who also own a Noah that could help out by transferring some of the patches from one unit to the other, for instruments where programs (e.g. Minimax) exist for both the SFP and Noah platforms?
Tom Fiala
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i would love to be able to convert my MiniMax, B-2003 and Pro One presets to Noah - anyone know if this is simple (ie., just changing the extension name from .pre) or do i need Noah or some conversion program?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Arkadin on 2004-01-31 10:23 ]</font>
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Bump.....so does anybody know if there is an easy conversion method for minimax patches on sfp to be readable by the Noah?
gustav

Post by gustav »

oups ... i'm very very interested in presets coming from sfp !
I am surprised that nobody has the answer !?
wayne

Post by wayne »

maybe you could copy knob positions etc. from a screenshot?
gustav

Post by gustav »

if someone would provide me with screenshots
(i don't have the sfp versions) - i would do it & post it :
i'm interested in prestes for b2003 minimax proone lightwave sixstring interpole
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Screenshots aren't that accurate. For instance, try moving MiniMax's Osc Fine tune to centre position - it still beats slightly; double click on the knob and even though it doesn't move the tuning is now 'locked', changing the sound dramatically. Apparantly Noah presets have to be converted (at the moment anyway).
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

I called Creamware's service dept in Vancouver, BC. The fellow I spoke with did not know the answer to our preset conversion question, and said he'd have to ask the people at the German head office. I asked him to post the answers here on planet-Z.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tfiala on 2004-02-11 07:10 ]</font>
spacef

Post by spacef »

the "easiest" would be to have sfp and noah : sfp changes presets and control a noah through midi CC, noah changes parameters when the presets are changed on SFP...... it could work... I never tried sending midi CC that way though....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-02-11 10:02 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I can hardly believe that there is not some conversion routine. I'm absolutely stunned. Crazy ! :eek:

Post by Guest »

Quote:
Are there any SFP owners who also own a Noah that could help out by transferring some of the patches from one unit to the other, for instruments where programs (e.g. Minimax) exist for both the SFP and Noah platforms?

this is not in place yet. However, that could be something CreamWare Germany thinkng of in the next round.
Noah was first made to be an entirely a seperate beast by itself.
So now the need to be able to make it SFP compatible is an interesting one. Creamware should think of making these patches available between SFP and Noah.
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

It looks like one of the challenges with presets is the Noah devices are slightly different. They don't seem to include the effects section that is included in the SFP version.

Because the devices are not exactly the same, the preset compatibility will be an issue unless Creamware can make Noah ignore the effects settings (strip them out automatically when loaded into Noah).
sharc

Post by sharc »

Does anyone have a solution to this problem yet?

I was just reading he Noah manual and it seems to suggest that the Vectron player could load presets from the SFP vectron 3. This would certainly make sense as the Vectron player is no more than a preset machine.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

<br>
Anyone ???
<br>
Vectron preset conversion to Vectron player ???
<br>
Surely ???
sharc

Post by sharc »

Reckon the ASB boxes will probably face the same problem and as such you would kind of hope that whatever solution they come up with can be easily ported to the Noah. It's surely not such a huge task. Yes there are a few parameters that would need to be filtered out, but Waldorf managed to do it with the Attack <-> Rack Attack... erm, OK... 'nuff said. :wink:
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Yeah... a host of new Minimax presets would be the least that Creamware can do for us... :wink:
wayne

Post by wayne »

Tried Spacef's suggestion above?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

>>> Prophit-5 for Noah ?
>>> a supposed sampling upgrade option ?

These were both advertised in the original sales blurb in shops/magazines. ASB boxes or not, myself & other Noah users are way pissed about non-delivery of Profit-5 for Noah.

>>> a Vectron player that doesn't load presets
>>> none of the apps load SFP presets.

These two are unacceptable. No offence, but i think it's a bit of a waste of resources etc for a Noah user to start trying to control it from SFP when Noah has an editor. What would be nice, would be having for example, Minimax in SFP send out all of it's parameters to Noah sequentially when you first load a preset. That way you wouldn't need a converter :grin:
<br>You'd need a new version of Minimax for SFP though ...mmm
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I've not tried, but what if:

Assign to all SFP Minimax knobs all the corresponding MIDI CC# that are fixed in Noah Minimax and save the Midi preset.

Then turn all the knobs and switches of SFP Mmax to zero/left/down and save tis preset

Turn all the knobs switches the same way on Noah Mmax and save this preset.

At this point you connect SFP Mmax midi out to Noah Mmax midi in and start selecting sfp presets. The Noah Mmax knobs will move accordingly and you save the Noah Mmax preset.

If some sound will not be exactly the same this will be the same as in real life minimoogs, but you'll have 99% of the job done.

If you try let me know :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That's a lot of CC's to bomb the Noah with all in one go. I reckon if done like that via midi CC the parameter changes may have to be staggered. I might give it a go later if i can find my tin hat.