Most wanted devices for Noah

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Post by spacef »

another topic :smile:When I tried the Noah, I though it could stand a drumbox device and the uknow synth.
And you ?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i think your Echo2m could replace a Roland Space Echo in many people's live rigs (maybe Radiohead would buy Noah just for that). i suppose CW have to do the port/rewrite though.
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

Most wanted for NOAH? No questions, it's modular+flexor!

And after that, improved STS... maybe STS8000 :smile:

Hardware wise, internal cd-rom and maybe a keyboard version.
Eric Dahlberg

Post by Eric Dahlberg »

Though it's probably a squandering of all that's available, I use Noah strictly as a synth module so more instruments are what I'm after. Can you code Noah plug-ins now, Mehdi?
Uncle E
JRR Shop
TEL: 949-553-8898
FAX: 949-263-1818
http://www.jrrshop.com
http://www.justroots.com
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi Eric, no i can't right now. if i remember well it is another file extension (not .dev). However, i think it is only a different way of "saving" the device (ie, inside it is the same atoms/circuit as it is now, I imagine). SO I guess it is just a matter of adjustment, not "re-code" (ie a bit like SFP devices and XTC compatibility).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-01-25 04:39 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

Noah would be perfect if it could load any device made for the SFP including free 3rd party modules.
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

If I could use Noah with the Modular and with the STS samplers, I would purchase it without hesitation. I wonder why they didn't include the Modular or the STS series? It must be that handling samples storage/loading is a tricky thing to accomplish with Noah?
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Hi,
it would be great to give the Code to some of the best Pulsar-Device-Creatores! Yes, i like also to see the Space-F-Echo inside my Noah EX, also i realy would like to make use of Zarg's Solaris 2!!! Sampling should not be so easy, because of the memory inside Noah, even if a big memeorycard is plugged.
The Modular III would be great, but Solaris could be enough.
A good drummodule should be also see the light.
I also would prever the full version of the Vectron, as well as the Vocoder including the Synthengine!
Stefan
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Hi,

Converting devices to be Noah-compatible is not so simple. I've mentioned this before somewhere, but there are 2 kinds of 'atoms' in Scope DP - asynchronous, and synchronous. The sync stuff goes on the DSP, the async stuff is handled by your host PC.

Since Noah has no host CPU, it uses an additional DSP chip to handle the async operations - except now they have to be new modules coded to run on a DSP chip (which are unreleased to 3rd parties for the time being). ALL of the old async modules and functions have to be replaced (manually) by the designer, and then each parameter has to be ranged and identified/labeled to be available to the controller knobs on the Noah front panel. And then after that, there's supposedly some more 'finalizing' stuff that needs to be done.

The other big problem with putting a Solaris in a Noah package is the DSP useage - I have it set up so that sections not in use in Solaris are off-loaded from the DSP load, meaning a dynamically allocated structure, but Noah does not do dynamic allocation of its DSPs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...I'd love to have something like a hardware Solaris as well!

cheers,
john bowen
bowen synth design
zarg music
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

mhmm, that is very, very sad! John, i know you are a hard worker, and allways answering late at night. I am happy to have Solaris then on my PC.
Running it on Noah was only a wish, and i still like naoh without solaris, but...!
Think we have to wait until we know what's going on with creamware anyhow.
Stefan
braincell

Post by braincell »

Thanks for clearing that up. That was very interesting.
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

That's why I would like to see a Pulsar running through a Firewire/USB 2.0 interface (like the PowerCore Firewire) - or a cardbus interface (not Magma - something made specifically for Pulsar). That way we could still have all of the functionality and devices of SFP that Noah can't handle in a more portable package to use with a laptop.

Also, with this concept, it would be great if Creamware sold just the interface and case that would allow a current pulsar or powerpulsar PCI card to be inserted and used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: huffcw on 2004-01-28 11:58 ]</font>