Noah review in new Electronic Musician

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Joxer the Mighty

Post by Joxer the Mighty »

I've only had a chance to skim the review, but it got a 4 out of 5 in Sound Quality. I believe EM gave Reaktor a 5 in the same category. :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joxer the Mighty on 2004-01-23 18:44 ]</font>

Post by Guest »

Quote from the article " I'm going to be sad to see it leave my studio"
Joxer the Mighty

I'm glad he wrote that.

Let me clarify, I think a score of 4 for sound quality was too low. Creamware sounds much better than Reaktor (to my ears anyway). That's why it seems odd that Reaktor would score higher, although I do realize that the final score is up to the individual reviewer.
Jngaelin

Post by Jngaelin »

I do not even own a Noah but i will surtainly give it a high 5 in sound quallity :smile:

CW gear rules !!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jngaelin on 2004-01-23 23:34 ]</font>
Joxer the Mighty

I'm with you Jngaelin! Maybe I'm a little biased, but CW gear definitely RULES! :smile:
Eric Dahlberg

Post by Eric Dahlberg »

How could someone give a synth like Reaktor a 5? What would that person do when faced with a real synth like a Minimoog, an Omega-8, or (need I say it?) a Noah? As Joxer said, these must've been two separate reviewers.
Uncle E
JRR Shop
TEL: 949-553-8898
FAX: 949-263-1818
http://www.jrrshop.com
http://www.justroots.com
braincell

Post by braincell »

He rated the Alesis Ion a 4 in the same issue of EM but he seemed to have more fun with the Ion, at least that's the impression I got.
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

As a Noah owner, I was expecting more from the review. They didn't even mention the vocoder or filter modules, nor the six-string or prodyssey modules.

When the monophonic Moog Voyager came out, they raved about its sound quality. (I think the Noah is the sonic equal of the Voyager.) The Roland VariOS, which can only run 2 or 3 applications, also got a 5/5 in EM, and a "product of the year" citation. Noah has much more apps to choose from.

At the very least, their rating standards certainly aren't consistent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tfiala on 2004-01-26 08:38 ]</font>
huffcw

Post by huffcw »

Maybe the Reaktor review was being compared to other software synths - not hardware? But even then, I would still hesitate to give it a 5.

I would give Creamware a 5 without hesitation. This just points out how useless reviews can be sometimes.
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2004-01-26 19:19, huffcw wrote:
This just points out how useless reviews can be sometimes.
indeed!
Tfiala, you are a species which planetz was hunting for: you're a NOAH owner...:lol:
Is there another one seen already? :smile:
braincell

Post by braincell »

At least one person bought it.
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

What's wrong with you people; go get'n'buy NOAHs :wink:
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

I am also a noah-owner, i guess sapce-f mehdi too.
Stefan
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi,
I don't have a noah, but a bunch of friends do. Especially one I haven't seen for while because he was finsihing his LP, wich should be out soon (psy-trance on neurobiotic records). I know some of his tracks are 100% Noah, when the nord lead power supply died. I'll tell you when it's out. I have some other friends who also release an LP soon on neurobiotic, and they don't use any cw gear. So you'll be able to buy both (buy=for not mp3) and judge the synth sound quality (well, the ones without noah had a much more experienced remixer/engineer, so it may not be a fair comparison).
see you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-01-28 05:43 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's amazing what a good engineer in a nice (hardware based) studio can do. I have a Nord Lead also. I'm glad I turn it off when not in use. I'm surprized it died. They seem like they could last forever.

If I go to a studio I'll probably just dump my tracks to CDs and load the wave files into protools. I'm guessing the sync would be nearly perfect. Does anyone know about this?