next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

welcome, noah users! :smile:
Jngaelin

Post by Jngaelin »

On 2004-01-23 15:19, Immanuel wrote:
Who's got a Noah? How is it? :smile:
i want to know tooo !!!!

Any Noah users out there with some Noah-anecdotes to share with us unfortunate "poor" people that only can dream of owning our own Noah ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jngaelin on 2004-01-23 23:31 ]</font>
j9k

Post by j9k »

(shhhhh.. you'll scare them away)

j9k
Jngaelin

Post by Jngaelin »

(sorry......i'll try to be quiet(er)....) :smile:
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

I'm afraid there are not so many..yet.
But I'm considering getting one. After I have payed my new Triton Studio...
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

Well, i got one! The "EX"-Version!
Got it since last October. I love it. I am a Pulsar (SFP) user since Pulsar I came on the market, so i still owning a Pulsar I, Pulsar SRB and a Pulsar II inside a dedictated PC. The desission to buy a Noah was that i mostly using the Synth-Devices on this Plattform. And for this Noah is great! I have to say that i didn't use the Audioengine (Asio, WDM) much, because i allready got a nice PC-Soundcard inside the other PC (1 PC > SFP, 2 PC RME DSP Hammerfall). So i use Noah really as an very flexible Synth with EFX, Vocoder and Stepsequencing. I don't know why, but my first impression was that Naoh sounds better than SFP, but this was only an impression. If i have to compare it to Chameleon (i don't got one), then i have to say that Cameleon is much cheaper now, but you allways have only ONE machine loaded and you have to reboot to load another. With Noah u can run up to fout (EX) and got still some space for EFX. You can creat your sounds as you know from SFP and take the box to another studio, so u allways have the Minimax and ProOne with you.
Noah is a diffrent concept like other VA's, it also don't got so many knobs for realtime tweaking like Virus, Q or other. But once you hear the sound, you will love it, and for me, it wasn't a mistake to get one.
Stefan
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Well, I can't compare it for you to the SFP (because I don't have that one), but I'm very pleased with the Noah. It rounds out my live rig - Yamaha motif rack, Kurzweil, PC2R and Voce V5 - very well. I use it for all the classic analog sounds - moog, pro1, etc. The sound quality is excellent.

Recently, I have been starting to use the 6-string module. You should see my guitarist buddies faces when I sound play Van Halen's "Eruption" using the Noah!!! (use rockspace patch)

I've only scratched the surface of what this machine can do. I'm very impressed so far.

I'll be looking for more experienced Noah users to teach be some more about programming this versatile machine!
braincell

Post by braincell »

If it is being used to play Van Halen, it should be outlawed and condemned! I guess technology could always be used for good or evil purposes.
hubird

Post by hubird »

tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Usually, I'd play some ELP or Yes or some other complex bit, but those guitarists just frown and scratch their heads with a puzzled look on their faces....but when I play a classic Van Halen solo using the Noah's guitar sounds WITH ONE HAND...then they take notice and go, "Cool!"
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

tfiala, I think we need some sound examples :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

no need for hating......... :wink:
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Any chance of posting up some samples tfiala? That would be very inetersting to hear.
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

OK, I'll work on that...but it might take a while.

What do people want to hear first? Some MiniMax? Isolated patches, or used in a piece?
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Well I was interested in hearing the van halen style solo with the Six String!
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

Yes! Guitar style lead sounds. And maybe rhytm parts also.

And why not give a full orchestration (NOAH only).
gustav

Post by gustav »

one of my last songs is full of noah sounds (but not only) - it's called An-zu and you can find it on http://hurpasard.free.fr
tfiala

Post by tfiala »

Ok...I'll get to work on it. (Usually, I just play live in a 4 piece band or solo for my own enjoyment - I'm not much of a sequencing / studio kind of guy).

Since I'm new here, someone please tell me what format you want it in.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

You can post it in this section -> http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewforum ... um=17&5551

The forum only alows mp3. I think people usually go for 128 or 196 kbps.