This is it
viewtopic.php?p=304495#p304495

Follow this to the letter
Bud Weiser

Re: re-flash NOAH EX

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:29 am viewtopic.php?p=304495#p304495
Hi brookesy !

This is from what I made PDF and .rtf files before I started flashing NOAH EX at all.
I put it on my desktop to have a read whenever I needed.

In my case, the most important chapter was the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
2.) The factory settings of NOAH or the quest for keys

-) After flashing the internal memory of your NOAH via Flashbox or by hitting the wrong button at the wrong time, Noah will ask you about keys everytime you try to load a plugin.

-) You can find tempting NoKey.oxe files, which make you believe this key-problem will be over in a sec., but you are mistaken. *.oxe files AREN'T KEYS irrespective of their name. *.oxe files are installers for plugins that come without the corresponding keys, hence "nokey". Quite deceivingly, but not without reason.

-) What you need is a key tailored to your specific serial numbered Noah unit. This file is an *.rgy. I hope you kept it, because then you can just import it into the activation-prompt the remote-software confronts you with, everytime you are loading up a plugin. If not, you will have to write an e-mail to the soniccore-support staff. Include the serial number of your Noah (on the back of the rack) and ask them nicely for a new key. They are an awsome bunch, so they will send you the key quite fast (it took them only 1 day in my case) although this Noah-synth is discontinued hardware.

-) Apply the *.rgy file and the activation prompt will be gone for good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

but also no help because lack of .rgy keyfile.

:)

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:29 am This is it
viewtopic.php?p=304495#p304495

Follow this to the letter
plz read my last post ...

Bud
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Hi Bud,
Sorry about that, I remember now. It's just this damn rgy file!!! I wanted to install my virtual machine today with various software editors including NOAH and Roland's MMP-2 but I'm waiting in at my girlfriend's apartment for a package to arrive. Frustrating!
Regards
brookesy
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:13 am Hi Bud,
Sorry about that, I remember now. It's just this damn rgy file!!! I wanted to install my virtual machine today with various software editors including NOAH and Roland's MMP-2 but I'm waiting in at my girlfriend's apartment for a package to arrive. Frustrating!
Regards
brookesy
I´ll possibly get a .rgy-file soon.
I´m patient and more or less sure it will come to a good end at the end of the day.

Leaves the question how the Noah Remote Editor and "plugininstaller.exe" should have been pre-configurated for successful import and permanent storage of activation keys in NOAH EX and the "Scope"-SFP in the Editor.

Up to now and to me it´s also unclear if I´d have to install all the devices at least in Noah Editor´s SFP using the .oxe-files,- OR,- if the Editor and NOAH automatically synchronize and exchange info once NOAH EX hardware and plugins are activated and up and running in the sense of making noise.

we´ll see ...

thx for all,-

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Hi all !

I cannot thank S|C support enough for the new keyfile.
It worked and all the devices which came w/ the noah_default_edsp_prod.dmp file are now activated for the hardware unit, which plays great w/ latest OS/firmware.

Now I´d need to know how to install Pro12/Profit-5 to the hardware unit AND the Remote Editor´s Scope/SFP.
I see there are additional files which I guess have to be copied into related Noah\IF\devices\Prophet5 folders.

Do I have to do that twice because inside NOAH application folder there exist 2 software path of nested subfolders ?
The following are the optional 2 path:

Noah\Noah\IF\devices\*.*

Noah\Noah\OS\Release_1.4.23\IF\devices\*.*

Do I need and have to use the "noah_profit5_nokeys.oxe" even the profit-5 activation keys is already saved to the registry ?

And,- I still have a issue with the interaction of Noah hardware and Remote Editor software as follows:

When I select and load a device using Noah EX frontpanel buttons and encoders, the selected device (or GUI) also loads in the Remote Editor´s livebar.
This is the case with: B-2003, Interpole, Lightwave, Minimax, Sixstring and Vocodizer

but not with: Pro One, Vectron Player, Prodyssey (and EDS8I)

Why ?

At least, I recognized,- the Prodyssey folder incl. all the related files doesn´t exist in both the software path mentioned above.
All the other are there, except Profit-5 by nature and because it isn´t installed at all up to now.

So,- do I have to install Prodyssey to the Scope/SFP of Remote Editor software using "noah_prodyssey_nokeys.oxe" too and even it is already installed and activated in Noah hardware unit ?
There are also "nokey.oxe" files for Pro One and Vectron,- but in opposite to Prodyssey, Pro One (ProTone) and Pro12/Profit-5,- I don´t have any individual activation key for Vectron available (and it´s also not visible in the latest keyfile I got).
I know, the latter is, like Lightwave, part of Synthesizer Package-2, but in opposite to Lightwave, it doesn´t appear in Noah Editor software livebar when selected/loaded in Noah hardware.

What do I miss ?

thx in advance ...

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Yaaaay ! Great work SC ! 👍👍👍👍
dante

Post by dante »

Yaaaay ! Great work SC ! 👍👍👍👍
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:21 am Yaaaay ! Great work SC ! 👍👍👍👍
YESSSSS !

It´s a great sounding hardware Midi module.
I love to play SixString w/ the Yammi KX-5, last but not least because I don´t own SixString for XITE or PCI.
I also appreciate there´s editing via hardware frontpanel possible and even it´s menue diving by nature.

And, Noah FX sound good too.
Now I can imagine using the frontpanel ext. audio ins, connect Oberheim Xpander, process w/ Noah FX, layer Xpander w/ Noah devices etc.,- and don´t need to have a computer up and running.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Yes multiple classics in one 👍👍
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Finally, I got it working almost perfect last nite.

Before, I wondered why not every device appeared w/ GUI in Noah Remote Editor software.
It drove me nuts,- but then and even ALL the devices were already installed and activated in Noah internal flash (IF),- I decided using the .oxe_no_keys files for Prodyssey, Profit5/Pro12 and EDSi8 again, draged ´em onto the plugin-installer´s shortcut icon I´ve made on desktop before, and that was it ... almost ...

Like SpaceF mentioned in some thread yrs ago, installing ALL the for Noah available devices deletes something.
In my case, that was the Kirschker preset bank for Sixstring.
I dived into Noah system > memory menue and "optimized",- recognizing there should be enough free space.

And yes, it worked again after opening the "synchronizer", selected "Devices" and double-click on Sixstring folder which then got yellow highlighted, being ready for synchronization.
In synchronizer window ´s lower right corner where the disk icon is, I left-clicked "synchronize",- and voila,- preset banks back again and still about 1.6KB memory left.
Doesn´t seem to be much space, but when a device incl. all presets is just only about 1MB,- it´s still a lot.

And I recognized that Profit-5/ Pro12 version for Noah is w/o FX in "ADD"-page.
I didn´t expect ´cause Profit-5 included onboard-FX since Scope v4.0, isn´t it ?
It also came w/ just a single factory bank of presets only.
Can someone confirm that´s as it should be ?
Or did I better avoid copy the "Prophet5 additionals" folder, coming w/ "oxe_no-Keys" folder, into to NRE app´s Noah > IF > Devices folder?

Bud