One instance of STS2000P has latency (Scope 4.0)

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

unaHm

One instance of STS2000P has latency (Scope 4.0)

Post by unaHm »

Dear all,

I've recently got XTC mode working, and primarily at the moment I'm using the card as a sound source in Reaper, having an instance of STS2000P loaded for the tracks that I want to use SoundFonts or sample sets from the Powersampler AKAI disk I had included with my 3DSP card.

I'm having a problem with the third instance of the 2000P where it is behind (time-wise) the rest (I have 5 instances running before I ran out of DSP :wink: ), yet the fourth and fifth instances are in time. At one point, the track WAS in sync with the others, but only momentarily. As soon as I resumed playback it fell behind again.

Is this something that anyone is aware of, and has a possible remedy? I did remove and replace that instance of the STS2000P, but to no effect.

I haven't done anything special in terms of setting latency for that particular channel. The PDC for all of the channels coming from the 3DSP card is 1536, and in the plugin/FX window for each of those channels, the STS2000P instances show "1154/1536 spls" in the bottom left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help,

unaHm

PS: I have a couple of other cards on their way, so I'm looking forward to making some large XTC-based projects! The integration with Reaper and Renoise is fantastic - I'm very pleased! I was trying to do EXACTLY THIS with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS and the DSP-Programmable kXProject drivers, but it never really worked. Plus, I make use of SoundFonts and samples, and the VSTi plugins I've been using weren't happy running more than a couple of instances.
dante

Re: One instance of STS2000P has latency (Scope 4.0)

Post by dante »

What host (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, HardDrives, O/S etc) are you running and what are your ULLI settings in Scope ? And where are the samples residing ?