Conductive Labs MRCC Midi Routing Control Center

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Berny Shoes

Conductive Labs MRCC Midi Routing Control Center

Post by Berny Shoes »

Looks an interesting standalone midi router

Conductive Labs MRCC

dawman

Re: Conductive Labs MRCC Midi Routing Control Center

Post by dawman »

What a great MIDI Router.
Thanks
valis

Post by valis »

Very interesting, thanks. The midi filtering means it could potentially replace my MOTU units.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I wonder if it does respond to MIDI program changes once MIDI routing patches are stored and the toy is mounted into a rack.
IMO MIDI-routing incl. MIDI-tools settings should be recallable via MIDI !

:)

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bud Weiser wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:09 am I wonder if it does respond to MIDI program changes once MIDI routing patches are stored and the toy is mounted into a rack.
IMO MIDI-routing incl. MIDI-tools settings should be recallable via MIDI !

Bud

Totally agree..
dante

Post by dante »

It should do. Even old gears like this from the 80th did - eg AKAI ME25S and ME30 did and sent all notes off so didn't leave any hanging.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

The late 80s/90s MIDI gear was the best !

Sycologic Systems, JL Cooper Synapse,- but up today,-

NOTHING beats Miditemp PMM88E and MT16X MIDI matrix routers/ processors you were able to cascade via "Fornet" network connections/cable.

In fact these only went out of production and had been discontinued because at that times, everyone thought there will never be a hardware synth, MIDI-module renaissance again and ALL will be done in the computer,- even for live giggin´.

I guess, the toy from OP above is just only the beginning and I appreciate they implemented USB and the tiny 1/8" TRS MIDI connection.
I regret they didn´t implement RJ45 network connection for high priority MIDI transfer between device and computer, then using rtpMIDI as the protocol.
At least, they used it to cascade units,- but that could have been been also via network switch/router.

In fact, I don´t trust USB2 (or even 3) much for outgoing MIDI transmitted by sequencer application to ext. hardware.
Outgoing MIDI via USB usually introduces more MIDI timing issues than the opposite direction which is quite good.

IMO, actually, iConnectivity MioXL https://www.thomann.de/gb/iconnectivity_mioxl.htm seems to be king of the hill still and even their software editor drove some users nuts.
But it has tons of connectivity incl. the rtpMIDI network driver support.

Bud
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

i use 2x A880 from roland
Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
at0m

Post by at0m »

Spielraum wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 pm i use 2x A880 from roland with or without sounddiver from c-lab/emagic, and works fine since many years 24/7 :P
Still have an A880 - had one over 20y ago, and got me one again a couple years back :D Solid as a splitter, and as a filter. Back then I had 2 Unitors AMT8, which I done away with after I got more Scope IO. But after a detour over MidiMan's and Scope for MIDI after Emagic got aquired by Avid and initially done away with XP support, I got two other AMT8's again. Yea, my DAW is still on XP. :lol:

But woah, the gem in your post, SoundDiver, I didn't know it was still available, and they released the final version without DRM eventually, and with 64bit support even!! With all the ancient gear I got stacked up here, SoundDiver's gonna be such a convenience to have again.
Thanks so much, Spielraum!!

On the original post, the MRCC, I can't but applaud. It's soo good to see new solid MIDI hw to come on the market again, just like all those new analog devices.. Had never expected that in the 2010s, when all that seemed to be released was control surfaces for puter-based plugins (plugiator? boohoo!) So yay, hooray for so much new proper devices!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
valis

Post by valis »

I still use Sounddiver on the machine that houses my Scope cards. Routing midi across multiple machines can cause some sysex dump errors (easily worked around) but otherwise everything works great even to control the synths that it supports.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

A880 here too